Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Se-L Mk3 - Sometimes Poor Starts/rough Idle (Until Warm)

plewis00_uk

Hi there, everyone. As some people know I bought my GS300 a few weeks ago and it's a great car, love the interior and the design, as well as the attention while driving it, but already it's becoming a bit of a nuisance (my IS200 was pretty much trouble-free, though fingers crossed, the IS is in for it's MOT tomorrow before being sold!).

Basically, if I hop in and press the 'Start' button with my foot on the brake (as normal), it tends to try to start, sometimes struggles a bit, but normally will start and then idles rough for a minute or two around 1500-1600rpm, before settling down to around 900-1000rpm after 2 minutes or so. Last Saturday I tried to start it after it had been sitting for a few days and it stalled doing that procedure. I waited a few seconds, then tried again and it started fine but again, a slightly rough (and what I consider high-revving) idle. It's at 56,000 miles now so the big 60,000 mile service is due soon and I figured bringing that forward would help (especially done at a main dealer).

Any other ideas or what this could be? The car's on-board startup check reports no faults and once warm and moving, the car drives great. I was thinking injector/fuel cleaner perhaps?

Also I seem to have a minor niggle with reversing, sometimes the mirrors don't tip downwards and on the reversing camera, the guidelines have disappeared, reporting 'guidance not available'.

Any help - as always, is appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hi, Can't help with alot of your queries, but i did find a hidden menu the other day when fiddling.

Holding INFO button in, and turning lights on and off three times, brings up a hidden / service menu.

Some of the settings there relate to the reversing guidance lines. Not sure its what you want, but may be a start.

Good luck

PG

• 2 weeks later...