Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Turn

Rory

Fluffed it today :(

IMG00015-20100805-2021.jpg

the only actual part I need to replace appears to be the bonnet,

the bumper and grille survived with only scratches, long and short of it was the guy stopped sharper than I did, cos I wasn't looking when he braked, I was only doin about 15, prob 10 or less when I connected tho

damage to other car was scratches only so hoping to just pay his repair and avoid insurance, i've had a really good year so far so somethin was bound to give, but the guy seemed really good about it and i'm gonna pop round 2moro as he's local and we're both off work 2moro

Never mind tho, could have been much worse but thats what happens when u break concentration for only a second

Lesson Learned :)

Thanks, I don't suppose you know how to undo the bonnet if the bonnet release lever doesn't open it anymore?

'fraid not but hopefully someone does - presuming the knock has jammed it, is there anyway you can get the grille out/in a bit ? That way you maybe able to get some long nose pliers in and give it a yank

i've had a play and the bonnet catch is actually fine, its just cos of how the bonnet is sitting why it won't pop up now, I had enough room to get the grille off completely so with a little help i've had the bonnet off and flattened it down some at the front and re fit it,

theres no other damage inside apart from the bar that the bonnet catch is attached to was bent in very slightly so i've pulled it out, all is well, just need a new bonnet and i'll be having the bumper repaired, at which time i'll be having the front lip fitted :D

oh rory sorry to see this - as you say it can happen in an instant - at least no ones hurt and if you fix the car yourself and avoid insurance it wont devalue the car - so sorry but i know it will look even better with the new lip etc - loadsa bonnets at bridges,pretty sure no red ones though

oh rory sorry to see this - as you say it can happen in an instant - at least no ones hurt and if you fix the car yourself and avoid insurance it wont devalue the car - so sorry but i know it will look even better with the new lip etc - loadsa bonnets at bridges,pretty sure no red ones though

don't suppose u know if they had any black in, won't look too out of place here in chavland as a temp measure lol

couldnt say for sure tbh but could be - i was looking for a green one for ed when i was in there - was £80 for one in mint condition to give you an idea of prices

• 4 weeks later...

update, cash is tight at the mo with insurance and tax last month, paid insurance in full so that was a chunk of money gone, my priority was sorting the other car out, covered the cost to the other driver and have a signed witnessed hand written letter relieving me of further cost or action

as for my car, bodge job for the time being while I recover some costs, lol, taken the bonnet off and flattened it back out at the front, so now it just has a couple of dents at the front on top and isn't 100% straight, but certainly driveable now without getting too much attention, checked to make sure everything is straight under the bonnet (99%), sold the damaged sport grille as its cheaper to replace than repair, plus the standard grille rather than the red sport grille makes the damage less noticable, LE grille is on eBay as it could do with a re-spray and i'd just rather have the cash for a bonnet

i've recovered about £80 from stuff I didn't need so the only expense will be minor repairs to the bumper, and spraying it along with a bonnet, however i'll get the lip fitted at the same time

Before:

IMG00015-20100805-2021.jpg

After:

IMG00017-20100829-1726.jpg

• 1 month later...

another update, got a black bonnet now and fitted it today, so it shuts properly, however since the bump i've obtained the rest of the TRD Kit so its all getting painted up in 2 weeks :D

19102010316.jpg

yeh i am doin, Bonnet, front lip touched up, sides and rear, and also a pair of front corner spats as i'm gonna fit those first to see if I like them over the TRD front lip, I won't say what its costing but I think its reasonable, i've seen the work they do and the cars that were there today included 2 new range rovers, and I wouldn't take an expensive car to a pile of idiots, so I think i've got a reasonable deal sorted

at the moment my bonnet catch is about 1cm further back than it should be so I need it pulling forward before it goes in for paint

• 3 weeks later...

Got the car back today, that hadn't fitted the kit as I hadn't asked, (my fault) but it is ready to go on, i've fitted the front spats as that was only a little easy job and taken a pic, let me know your thoughts

my own thoughts are I think they look great :D

09112010327.jpg

Got the car back today, that hadn't fitted the kit as I hadn't asked, (my fault) but it is ready to go on, i've fitted the front spats as that was only a little easy job and taken a pic, let me know your thoughts

my own thoughts are I think they look great :D

09112010327.jpg

+1 on that :) looks really good ;)

Andy

WOW dude those spats look badass! I really wasn't keen on the silver cars, but on red...BADASSS!

/me wants.

yeh I think as they were pre-painted silver and expensive, people with other colours simply didn't put them on, I didn't expect them to look as good but I love them

Looking good Rory- needs a different grille IMHO, either Sport grille or LE grille.

thanks, you aren't the first percon to say that, I sold both my other grilles to scrape cash together towards the repair so an LE might not come along any time soon, and as for sport its either black or pay to paint one red, so I don't know just yet, as i've covered the chrome on the current grille I like the dark look tho...

+1 on that :) looks really good ;)

Andy

Cheers :D

Personally I'd say forget the sports grille. The one you have on there currently offers more of a contrast to the red I think. (IMO)

I agree, i'm probably gonna see what the others look like at some point tho, I didn't used to like the sport grille at all but when I had one on this one earlier in the year it really grew on me

I have another pair of front spats in the for sale section

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links