Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs?

Fountainz

i got a 2001 sport navigator. I love the way it sits just want it a little bit lower on my new wheels. would lowering springs be a waste of time as the back looks lower now than most other is200's i see.

lexushigh.jpg

As you can see its not too bad on the back. but on the front it's a bit too high for me. I don't want to spend a fortune on coilie's if i can help it.

Advice is would be much appreciated. Cheers guys.

Get it done, always an improvement, if you've got the money then coilovers would be the way forward as you can have the exact stance you're after, but if funds are limited, springs will do, i'm pretty sure the folks that have done it are happy with just springs.

i got a 2001 sport navigator. I love the way it sits just want it a little bit lower on my new wheels. would lowering springs be a waste of time as the back looks lower now than most other is200's i see.

As you can see its not too bad on the back. but on the front it's a bit too high for me. I don't want to spend a fortune on coilie's if i can help it.

Advice is would be much appreciated. Cheers guys.

I think the coilovers would be a waste of money, reason being the sports version after 2001 is 15mm lower than the other IS200s. I would go for lowering springs as they would be a cheaper option but remember to take off 15mm, so, 40mm springs will only lower yours by 25mm. Hope that helps.

I would definitely recommend you to go lower. Not only for the optical effect, but it also improves your roadholding dramatically. My Eibach Pro kit lowered my Lex by 30mm front & rear. Optically, it is still 5 to 10mm too high, but when driving it, the balance is excellent as it is now. Only with good quality coilovers, I would be able to adapt the ride height optically, but it would undeniably have it's effect on the handling (more understeer). My setup is almost complete, now I'm on Bilsteins B6 with the Eibachs (not in the pictures) and soon with an Eibach anti-roll kit.

This first picture (black wheels) is from the day after I lowered the car.

DSCN9907-800.jpg

The one with the silver wheels is taken one year after.

DSCN0312-800.jpg

Go get yourself an Eibach Pro Kit. It's well worth the money (calculate a complete geometry in your budget!) and you can always sell them for a good price afterwards if still you want to upgrade to coilovers.

Only with good quality coilovers, I would be able to adapt the ride height optically, but it would undeniably have it's effect on the handling (more understeer).

so buy a thicker rear ARB.

yeah lower it, cos at the moment it looks too high. simple as that

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links