Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swapped The Se-L 57 For An F-Sport 10

Took the plunge, end of warranty and wanted to swap - low res photo attached

Partly due to lead time, partly because of the Alloy style and the spoiler, I went with the F-Sport. Very happy, the upgraded MM is actually brilliant. Full IPOD control using USB input, better Nav incl 3D, hard drive musice player and also no need to move the gear stick to the right to use the paddles and shiny pedals.....

Figure hugging sports seats are a new one and need some getting used to and the brake light higher up because of the spoiler is a touch annoying, but I knew all this as I had a good trial beforehand

Has anyone got one though, nothing on the forums of any note, I'd be interested in any feedback

On to the niggles though

Constant rattle - sounds like it's coming from drivers footwell - maybe a foot off the floor - maybe possibly the door. I'm taking it back in to be looked at, but anyone got any ideas or had this before, make it easier to explain to the dealer

Drivers seat, the sport side bolster bit, the wing that sticks out, just squeaks everytime you move. Not sure what can be done, had this in the back of the full leather in an 56 IS250 I had and they ended up swapping the whole seat!!

anyway, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

cheers

post-14354-128212797725.jpg

Constant rattle - sounds like it's coming from drivers footwell - maybe a foot off the floor - maybe possibly the door. I'm taking it back in to be looked at, but anyone got any ideas or had this before, make it easier to explain to the dealer

I had an elusive rattle coming from somewhere in the front passenger door of my IS250. In order to track it down in a systematic (and safe) manner, I burned an audio CD containing a selection of sine waves at different frequencies (one frequency per track). I then just played the CD in the car and found which track made the door rattle and used that track to allow me to poke around until I found the offending section of the door panel.

For my problem, 60Hz made the door rattle like mad. You can generate sine waves with free software like Audacity and then use the resulting WAV files to create an Audio CD using MediaPlayer. I'd suggest a range of frequencies from say 30 to 120Hz in 10Hz steps.

Love the car but I wouldnt like to clean those wheels they look worse the SE , hope you get it sorted no problems.

Thanks all and Dazed, wow, what a reply!

The seat is squeaky, apparently they need to speak to Lexus UK as it may be a seat swap

The rattles, well they believe they are down to the plastic cowling / covers under the dash and under the glove box, they house the LED to the floor and surround the air flows and the pedals on the drivers side and when I went down and took a closer look, all I can see is what a shoddy job. It is pure pure cheap plastic and poor fitting. The problem though was that the screws were tight and the plastic catches were secure as they could be, so it's just poor fitting. They are taking it in next week when they have a spare car for me to 'sort it' but I'm very ****** off at the shoddiness!