Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

Have just ordered a 220d F-Sport with multimedia for Sept 1st (first Lexus...very excited :-)

My question is.....i borrowed a demo car from the garage before i bought this which was an SE-L and i just want to make sure i have the difference between the 2 correct.

As far as i can see the only differences in equipment are

1. Alcantara on F-Sport against leather in SE-L

2. no illuminated door scuffs on F-Sport

3. no rear sun shade

4. F-Sport styling

other than those few things are the cars identical ?

im just starting to get paranoid that im going to loose something import between the models lol

Cheers in advance

Ian

I think the F-sport has sports suspension, different alloys and loses ventilated seats as well.

Correct. I think you also won't get some other things. Right hand side buttons below the steering wheel level has two blanks on the F-Sport. You get the light washers, but a blank either side. My SE-L I'm sure had two buttons, but I can't for the life remember if it did, what they were. Snow and ECT and Manual TRC are on the left.

I think the F-sport has sports suspension, different alloys and loses ventilated seats as well.

Correct. I think you also won't get some other things. Right hand side buttons below the steering wheel level has two blanks on the F-Sport. You get the light washers, but a blank either side. My SE-L I'm sure had two buttons, but I can't for the life remember if it did, what they were. Snow and ECT and Manual TRC are on the left.

There are actually three buttons to the right hand side of the steering wheel on the SE-L, the windscreen wiper de-icer button, the headlamp washer button and the button for the rear blind. Don't know about the F-Sport, but the IS-F has two buttons, same as SE-L minus the button for the rear blind. Sounds like the 'F' Sport doesn't have the de-ice for the wiper blades?

Thanks for the responses guys.

You are right the F-Sport does not have the de-icer but i think you will find the 2010 SE-L does not either, the one i borrowed only had 2 buttons

Good job mine's the earlier version then :). Lexus cost cutting perhaps, or maybe they believe our global warming makes the function unnecessary?

Thanks for the responses guys.

You are right the F-Sport does not have the de-icer but i think you will find the 2010 SE-L does not either, the one i borrowed only had 2 buttons

Yep, that's it. I've lost something off of my SE-L - dammit!

Have just ordered a 220d F-Sport with multimedia for Sept 1st (first Lexus...very excited :-)

Lexus have done a good job with the looks of the F-Sport to produce an appealing package - but I do wish they had thought of another name for it. The terms "Sport" and "IS220D" just don't fit together any better than "Gourmet" and "Pot-Noodle" and adding the "F" doesn't help :tomato:

Lexus have done a good job with the looks of the F-Sport to produce an appealing package - but I do wish they had thought of another name for it. The terms "Sport" and "IS220D" just don't fit together any better than "Gourmet" and "Pot-Noodle" and adding the "F" doesn't help :tomato:

yeah i agree it is a bit like painting racing stripes on your lawn mower...but hey the wheels look good :-D

Specification

The IS F-Sport will be positioned between the existing SE-I and SE-L and will benefit from the following unique features

IS-F Mesh Grille

IS-F Boot Spoiler

Unique F-Sport 18” Alloy Wheels

IS-F Style Sports Seats (Alcantara Centres & Leather Bolsters)

IS-F Gear Lever

Sports Suspension

IS-F Steering Wheel

Aluminium Sports Pedals

Specification

The IS F-Sport will be positioned between the existing SE-I and SE-L and will benefit from the following unique features

IS-F Mesh Grille

IS-F Boot Spoiler

Unique F-Sport 18 Alloy Wheels

IS-F Style Sports Seats (Alcantara Centres & Leather Bolsters)

IS-F Gear Lever

Sports Suspension

IS-F Steering Wheel

Aluminium Sports Pedals

So have we come to the conclusion that other than the styling the only differences between the SE-L (2010) and F-Sport(2010) equipment wise are

Seats Alcantara Vs Leather

Illuminated door scuffs

ventelated seats

sun shade

trunk through and rear arm rest

other than that as far as i can see the F-Sport has everything else.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links