Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had a VSC engine management light come on (GS300 2005) and my local garage hooked up the computer to find it was the annoying oxygen sensor fault again (which I know from experience is sometimes a bogus fault that can disappear just by unhooking the battery). However the mechanic mentioned that next to the slot under the driver's side dash is a reset button. I've looked in the manual but it doesn't refer to it anywhere...anyone know what it resets?

Had a VSC engine management light come on (GS300 2005) and my local garage hooked up the computer to find it was the annoying oxygen sensor fault again (which I know from experience is sometimes a bogus fault that can disappear just by unhooking the battery). However the mechanic mentioned that next to the slot under the driver's side dash is a reset button. I've looked in the manual but it doesn't refer to it anywhere...anyone know what it resets?

the VSC light come on with the fuel system .which indicates the oxygen sensor,most time it the fuel cap thats loose or blocked

hope this helps with your problem

the VSC light come on with the fuel system .which indicates the oxygen sensor,most time it the fuel cap thats loose or blocked

hope this helps with your problem

The fault/error lights have disappeared. Seems to be an issue when starting the car when it is cold and putting it into gear and driving off too quickly before the checks have finished. If it re-appears again in the next few weeks I'll get it checked and have the sensor replaced to be on the safe side but for the time being I'm considering it a bogus fault.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I saw your post. I have a problem with the Tyre Pressure sensors. Lexus think it is the ECU but I am not convinced. Does the reset button put the ECU into "learn" mode or is the only way of entering in the tyre sensor codes through the Lexus or Toyota main dealer equipment?

Kind regards

David