Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Growl

Greetings.

Just acquired an 2000 IS200 and wonder is there is some way of making the engine sound quieter, the low growl is nice but soon gets wearisome, a murmuring swosh

would be more desirable, I'm told it could be induction noise, any way round this?

Also is there any way to reduce the throttle response, It's far too touchy when moving off, tried disconnecting the Battery to reset things, didn't work.

Regards

Malcolm

hello and welcome to the club - is200 is usually pretty quiet until you work it hard and even then not loud so look and see if it has the standard air filter and airbox fitted - if not pick the bits up from a scrapyard..

your request to reduce throttle response is the first time ive heard anyone ask that as most want to improve what they feel to be a slightly sluggish car - if yours is quick off the mark i think youll be making a few people jealous tbh - might get better with standard air filter if not got one already

As said the 200 is nice and quiet unless you rev it ahrd, so unless your car has got an induction kit on there might be something wrong with it if it making that much of a noise.

Not to sure what you mean my touchy throttle? Mines fine

Greetings.

Just acquired an 2000 IS200 and wonder is there is some way of making the engine sound quieter, the low growl is nice but soon gets wearisome, a murmuring swosh

would be more desirable, I'm told it could be induction noise, any way round this?

Also is there any way to reduce the throttle response, It's far too touchy when moving off, tried disconnecting the battery to reset things, didn't work.

Regards

Malcolm

Thanks chaps.

Just thought someone may have had the same gripes at some time.

On reflection, it may be that the cooling fan may not be standard, my last car (An SD1 gas gobbler had a Jag fan fitted and that was a bit more growly than the Rover one).

I think I'll just have to live with the throttle as It's probably a problem with the ECU or the throttle body but as It's not broke (yet) I'll not fix it.

Of interest, when I got the car it held onto the lower gears but disconnecting the Battery now has it changing up much sooner so It's gone from brisk and probably thirsty to sluggish and thrifty, however, seeing as I'm in charge of the gearbox that's not a problem, I think the last fellow had a lead foot and installed some bad habits in the ECU.

I'm impressed by the fuel consumption, on the purchase trip of some 400miles at our miserable 100Km/H it showed 38 and a bit MPG. a pleasant change from the Rovers 22MPG

Regards

Malcolm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links