Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hiya,

I have a 2005 GS300 and when changing wheels and tyres the garage snapped the valve off of one.

I have managed to get another one off of eBay second hand... Does any one know how to set them to the car, do you need a code or something?

Only i dont really want to drive 80 miles to my lexus dealer if i dont have to.

Thanks in Advance

Hiya,

I have a 2005 GS300 and when changing wheels and tyres the garage snapped the valve off of one.

I have managed to get another one off of Ebay second hand... Does any one know how to set them to the car, do you need a code or something?

Thanks in Advance

you just can't fit the sensors as they need to be programed into the car

there is a number on the sensor ,which only the main dealer can

Hiya,

I have managed to get another one off of Ebay second hand... Does any one know how to set them to the car, do you need a code or something?

Thanks in Advance

you just can't fit the sensors as they need to be programed into the car

there is a number on the sensor ,which only the main dealer can

We've heard about this problem so many times before and have warned against getting tyres fitted anywhere other than a Lexus dealer or a tyre fitting place where they will guarantee to replace tyre pressure sensors that they break.

If changing tyres at a Lexus dealer they will replace any broken sensors, and at over £200 a corner the savings of a few £££ for tyres elsewhere, to me, isn’t worth considering. Lexus will fit tyres brought to them but I have found Lexus Sheffield to be quite reasonable anyway.

Sorry to hear that you have this problem, maybe give Lexus a ring as they might do you a deal on fitting a new sensor.

As some other guys have said already, it is not worth letting the average tyre fitting shop replace the tyres due to the risk to the valves.

I has all four of my tyres replaced last year, 750 quid for four supplied and fitted by Lexus and I advised which tyres I wanted. I checked the cheapest non Lexus deal and it was 600 quid for the same four tyres from Tyre Spot.

To me the extra 150 was worth it to guarantee no problems with valves and Lexus customer service.

thats not true guys,those sensor are great if you know what to do

i had the some problem ,and once i found out what to do ,i never had a problem

the cost differ from dealer to dealer,

i bought a set for just over 230 pounds ,for 4 ,and cost me 60pounds to have them programed into the car

i've ask my dealer how much they cost and ,he came up with 80 pound each ,and thats with the fitting

i had ATS move the to my new wheel ,and they were straight forward

the thing is NOT TO OVER TIGHTEN THE SENSOR,

EVERYTIME you remove them ,get a NEW sealing kit ,,which cost a 5 er per wheel

do your home work on the sensors first ,

only uk,and euro car use the same sensors, so you'll find the e-bay one won't work as they mainly come from the US

best thing to get ,is the GS work shop CD ,which i got off e-bay ,ITS GREAT with all the imfo

• 11 months later...

thats not true guys,those sensor are great if you know what to do

i had the some problem ,and once i found out what to do ,i never had a problem

the cost differ from dealer to dealer,

i bought a set for just over 230 pounds ,for 4 ,and cost me 60pounds to have them programed into the car

i've ask my dealer how much they cost and ,he came up with 80 pound each ,and thats with the fitting

i had ATS move the to my new wheel ,and they were straight forward

the thing is NOT TO OVER TIGHTEN THE SENSOR,

EVERYTIME you remove them ,get a NEW sealing kit ,,which cost a 5 er per wheel

do your home work on the sensors first ,

only uk,and euro car use the same sensors, so you'll find the e-bay one won't work as they mainly come from the US

best thing to get ,is the GS work shop CD ,which i got off e-bay ,ITS GREAT with all the imfo

Could you please give me the name of your supplier because my Lexus dealer is quoting £150 per valve!

Had to replace mine aswell. Thought about getting one off eBay and then after posting on here realised it's not worth the hassle to get fitted and coded. Lexus wolverhmapton quoted me £125 supplied and fitted. I should point out that lexus stoke quoted over £150 so dealer prices also vary.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links