Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member Wanting Is200

Mike01

Hi all, I'm looking for an is200 or altezza so would like some tips on getting one, what's the difference in the model spec (like sport and se) which one would be better? also is there any known problems and is the top mount near the airbox suppost to be lower than the other side and what to look out for in terms of rust if there is any or where it starts off so you know to walk away, anyone have any experience with the altezza's any difference between them apart from the beams engine and what is the triptronic like with the buttons on the wheel,got about 3k +/- to buy one but want a good solid one with no rust and problems so I can get about getting it the way I want B)

thanks for any and all help B)

For me it has to be a sport, tinted windows, lower suspension.

SE maybe smoother ride (only upside i can see to having a SE)

Cant help with the top mount heights as i've just sold mine so cant look for you.

No idea about the auto with buttons, never driven one, cant help you there.

AS for probs, i've never seen a rusty IS200, sure there has to be a couple about tho.

CD player is $hite so budget for a new one, alloy's are a problem with peeling / corroding so budget for a re-furb or change, apart from that, they are bullet-proof.

The only prob with IS200 is performance, they are not slow, but no too quick up the gears & tuning is expensive, £2K for a decent supercharger.

I am not sure but i think the altezza has the same interior as a S model IS200, not as pleasing a place to be as a SE or Sport, but the engine will put a smile on you Face.

For up to £3K, dont expect too much of a car, i just sold my 60K mile, 2002 Sport with TRD kit, Sony satnav & dvd, 18" wheels & loads of extra little touch's for £4.5K.

Happy hunting, let us know how you get on.

Oh yeah, check for a 3 button master key, as these can be awkward / expensive to replace :winky:

Hi, thanks very much for info will defo check the key's, was looking for the earlier one's 1999 region which should be a bit cheaper, so sport is best then for enthusiastic driving, do like the frimer feel on suspension, what sort of gain would be from a supercharger, I've had turbo's before but never a supercharger any + sides to it

cheers mate

what sort of gain would be from a supercharger, I've had turbo's before but never a supercharger any + sides to it

cheers mate

Should take the car to around 210 BHP, +'s are the noise it makes & low down power, which the IS200 just normally does not have, tried & tested safe / reliable power, but makes a thirsty car even "thirstier", but MPG talk is not allowed round Lexus motors ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links