Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Player Error 1

tommygun

Hi,

I am new to this forum and new to Lexus ownership. Loving my IS200 Sport, better than my old BMW320!!

I have tried to search for this error 1 code on my cd player but can't seem to find any useful info. Lots of error 3, but not much on error 1!

Does anyone know what it means and how to fix it?

Thanks

Tom

Code error 1 is cd cannot be read!

Is it a top loading cd or bottom loader?

If its a top loader, remove the headunit with air con controls, part the two by removing side plates, remove the 2 screws that hold the top cover of the headunit on and you will see your cd's.

Go back to the car and conect the headunit back up and switch on, watch for the cd lens to come into view then unplug it so you can get access to it, using a ear bud and some cleaner (glasses cleaner/cd cleaner/cheap after shave) clean the lens and then refit top lid/ a/c controls side plates and back into the car.

Have done this a few times to mine, now when i get the error 1 message i just turn off the headunit and back on and it works!!

Hope this helps...

At the moment yes i can just by switching it off then on again, but at first i had to remove it and clean it a few times.

Dont know why now i can just turn it off n on, but it works ok?

Like i said you need to remove it to clean the cd lens...

Thanks, now understand. What I now can't figure is how you pull out the head unit and a/c unit from the dash without damaging anything. Sorry but I'm a bit dumb when it comes to this sort of thing.

To remove the whole unit, first run some masking tape down both sides of the dash where the unit sits to stop any scratching of the plastic, then get your nails under the windscreen end of the top dashtray and pry it out to reveal 2 10mm bolts, then with both hands flat side them under the heated seats switch panel push up to give grip and slide it out, un-clip all the switches to remove it revealing 2 more bolts, undo all 4 bolts then slowly up out the unit till you can get to the connections at the rear, un-clip them all and your free...

• 7 years later...

Hi Guys

I have the same problem with error 1,I have cleaned the unit and it seams to be working fine but it still wont play any cds and still the same error 1 message/

Can anyone advise me on what to do next.

Um I did find a two pence piece stuck inside ? not by me as I only have just got the car two weeks ago

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links