Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Would You Change About The Isf

Hi. I echo most the above, full postcode sat nav, DAB and a button to make the exhaust noise better at low revs...

In addition the Sat Nav drives me up the wall. The fact you can't do anything (apart from the basic functions) when driving is ridiculous. I was stuck in traffic on the M25 doing a constant 5-10mph and my wife rang and asked me to go somewhere on the way home but I could put the (partial) postcode until i stopped. I had to consider pulling onto the hard shoulder but luckily the traffic stopped. I then had to wait until I had finished before moving off.... Any fixes for this??

In addition the Sat Nav drives me up the wall. The fact you can't do anything (apart from the basic functions) when driving is ridiculous. I was stuck in traffic on the M25 doing a constant 5-10mph and my wife rang and asked me to go somewhere on the way home but I could put the (partial) postcode until i stopped. I had to consider pulling onto the hard shoulder but luckily the traffic stopped. I then had to wait until I had finished before moving off.... Any fixes for this??

Latest DVD will fix this :)

• 2 months later...

No idea why people are complaining about the ride. I like it firm and it feels far from choppy even when motoring on B roads.

I would however like to change a couple of things.

1. I need to have sport button on by default. The throttle feels wooden without it.

2. The distance settings on cruise control encourage others to jump in the gap and then the car panics and hits the brakes. Makes for a very uncomfortable ride.

3. Dab radio as I need XFM and am sick of the crap music on Radio 1/2

4. A way of keeping the reversing camera clean. I am so used to using it I forgot what the mirrors are for.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No idea why people are complaining about the ride. I like it firm and it feels far from choppy even when motoring on B roads.

1. I need to have sport button on by default. The throttle feels wooden without it.

2. The distance settings on cruise control encourage others to jump in the gap and then the car panics and hits the brakes. Makes for a very uncomfortable ride.

4. A way of keeping the reversing camera clean. I am so used to using it I forgot what the mirrors are for.

The shortest distance for the adaptive cruise control only leaves a gap a Smart-Car could fill, and have got used to a wet finger cleaning the camera. I can live without DAB Radio because they work so badly in cars.

My wish now is that you could simply plug a lap-top in and set up your preferred defaults from a straightforward menu - rather than looking up in the handbook the series of demented presses of unlikely things that can eventually only set up part of what you would like.

On another tack, I am curious how much longer the ISF will remain in production. Surely the IS250 family must soon come to an end?

I've had a DAB radio in another car and it was perfect. You just need a good external aerial.

Happy enough if the car's system added DAB but not to replace FM. DAB doesn't even work at all in my house without external aerial and I am not in some marginal area like the Hebrides.

I like the updates to the ISF - but certainly not enough to change mine for the latest model.

The "sport" switch was always in a stupid place - in fact, all the switches by your knees are in a stupid place and cannot imagine what they were thinking to ever put them there.

Two things make me want keep my ISF:

(1) I can't think of anything that is actually, genuinely all-round better. The nearest is the Maserati Quattroporte for sheer good looks and noise plus the added frisson that it will soon and expensively break down. Maybe the BMW M3 or the equivalent Audi for outright performance & handling if owning them didn't label you as obnoxious. Maybe the good-looking V8 Jag if all its technology ever worked at the same time. The real good stuff is way out of my price range.

(2) All the time I keep the ISF I can pretend that it isn't depreciating faster than an Alpine avalanche.

• 4 months later...

For me the engine note button would be great so i dont have to drive at 3600rpm round town when i feel like a like attention.

The satnav at low speeds would be next on my list but if a new DVD sorts that then great

The blue lights in the scuff plates like my old 220D would be nice.

Comfort suspenion for when i take my parents out somewhere would very nice.

Iphone connection with Iphone app to adjust the settings of the car would be welcomed.

Proper exhausts connected to the car

Some front body styling at the front so people see a fast car in their mirrors and not think its an IS220d and so try to get out of my way

More volume from low to high on the satnav lady and a choice of voices

Better and more sporty door mirrors. Hardly pleasing on the eye

Fold down rear seats

475bhp

The shortest distance for the adaptive cruise control only leaves a gap a Smart-Car could fill, and have got used to a wet finger cleaning the camera. I can live without DAB Radio because they work so badly in cars.

My wish now is that you could simply plug a lap-top in and set up your preferred defaults from a straightforward menu - rather than looking up in the handbook the series of demented presses of unlikely things that can eventually only set up part of what you would like.

On another tack, I am curious how much longer the ISF will remain in production. Surely the IS250 family must soon come to an end?

The shortest distance on cruise control is not short enough. I only ever drive on this setting and having done 56k miles I am pretty sure I know how bad it is. Loads of twonks dive in the gap every day if given a chance.

Funnily enough on a side tact, I have found I can easily beat the mpg of the active cruise control using manual. Best on cruise at 85 is 28.8 and I can hit 30 without any change of driving style. I guess the cruise is just not as clever as Lexus would like you to believe and all that sharp braking and heavy acceleration is great if your feet have cramp but a pain in the arse most of the time.

• 11 months later...

A lot of these suggestions have made their way onto the newer models which is a nice sign that Lexus listens and acts on feedback.

Personally I prefer the paddles attached to the steering wheel, have seen a lot of complaints about ones that aren't as when changing gear round a corner your fingers aren't near the paddles.

Most of my wish list has been mentioned but here we go:

1) Stronger paint protection (In fact put this down for all Lexus cars)

2) Exhaust button to allow more noise from lower revs

3) ACC to work from 0mph like the MB systems - the time you most want to use this is in a traffic jam crawling along at 5mph, just can't see why the system deactivates below 30mph?

4) Proper Exhaust tips not ones attached to the bumper.

5) brake pads that don't coat your wheels in dust after 1 journey.

6) Softer suspension (But this is already in the 2011 model)

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd add a few others...

1. The Sat Nav (if it isn't broken - see my other post today http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=78864) should work out for you the alternative route and time before it gives you the "do you want to reroute" to avoid traffic and so give you info to make an informed choice - currently ou say Yes and you have no idea of the route/distance/time it will take you so i normal say No.

2. Engine noise at lower revs PLEASE... we have all been asking so come one Lexus

3. seats that dont start to squeak after 40,000 miles when going around a corner

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum. I own the 2011 ISF.

Funny, for me the only changes that I would like to see is

1. Launch control

2. Better throttle response in first and second gear

3. Better accelleration in particularly 1st and 2nd gears