Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Sport Poly Bushes

Rob_D

I have a MK1 GS300 Sport, with the standard issues of siezed rear alignmnet adjustment bolts, and really nead a full geo set up. so i have to either free the bolts off, or cut them out and replace the bushes and bolts. i just want to know if anyone has used the bushes from PRI RACING, and what they thought of them. I'm just concerned that being poly bushes, i will lose the smoothness i have at the moment, and start felling all the bumps.

Thanks for reading!!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Rob,

I have not tried poly bushes on my Lexus but I have used them on other cars. They are excellent on my race car (rose joint one end and poly bush the inner end on the lower wishbones). This gives a very firm feedback - too firm for comfortable road use. Unless you make the springs stiffer at the same time the polybushes won't make the ride any firmer, they will just transmit more noise and make it feel a bit harsher.

I suspect (and have read same on other forums) that the poly bushes transmit too much vibration and noise into the body. I suppose it depends on how stiff the poly bushes are - and I believe they need to have some compliance in them to work properly - and also how much noise you are prepared to put up with.

Bill