Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Advice For A New Owner Of Is200?

nahc

hi guys, this is nahc from south east china.

i am new here and also a new owner of is200, bought it off my dad haha.

i dont think my dad has done anything to the car over the past 10 years other than oil change. im planning to take it for a check up.

for this 10 year old car, is there anything i should check or pay attention to? like the post about the "timing belt" issue is really useful, thanks a lot guys!!!

few more questions

*i think everything remains orginal in this car. its a little bit noisey when accelrating what do you guys think the problem is?

*there are 3 little meters on the meter panel, one is water temperature, one is the Battery, what is the bottom one? when driving it goes down to 0 i think, but wehn stop at traffic light, it goes up to 30... is it normal?

*is200 has about 160 horses, pls correct me if im wrong, but i still feel it kinda lacks power, is there anything i can do to it to gain an extra 20 or 30 horses? i dont exactly have enough paper to do a engine change or turbo tho...hehe, pls guys, put in your advices.

thank you~~!!!

Hi Welcome to the Club.

check your timing belt and water pump + lower ball joints. (service the gearbox as well after 100K Miles if it's a Auto)

as long as your dad serviced the car at the regular basis, you shouldn't have much problems with the engine, the noise? I can't comment on is as we have different definitions.

- The indicator on the bottom should be the your MPG.

- don't event try to turn it as you won't get much out of it until you want to super charge it.

look after it and enjoy the drive.

Felix

Hi Welcome to the Club.

check your timing belt and water pump + lower ball joints. (service the gearbox as well after 100K Miles if it's a Auto)

as long as your dad serviced the car at the regular basis, you shouldn't have much problems with the engine, the noise? I can't comment on is as we have different definitions.

- The indicator on the bottom should be the your MPG.

- don't event try to turn it as you won't get much out of it until you want to super charge it.

look after it and enjoy the drive.

Felix

hi felix, thx for you advice

if im to super charge it, where do you suggest to get parts? is there any other parts of the car i should be changing/upgrading along with it? and how much extra power can i gain?

if you have done it b4, pls do share your expierence thx sooo much

btw, you from west midlands? i was there for 2 years of college when i was 18 lol

thanks again buddy