Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Player Help

4Ech

Ladies and gentlemen please give advice. My IS200 CD is now a complete piece of dead meat and I would like to replace it by an after market one. I know the original CD player has a superb built-in amplifier. If I replace the original CD player by an after market one will I lose the use of that amplifier?

Please advice

Cheers

Yes, you will need to buy an amp bypass lead.

But this is not an issue with modern headunits as i've got a Pioneer one in my IS and it sounds better than the standard stereo as it has greater controls over all the levels and sound levels.

Get a decent head unit and you'll find no difference or a btter sound like I have

Don't take it to them.

Its an easy job at home, take out the old one and then fit the lead and headunit and your sorted only about 30-60mins work, depending if you can get the lead out the back of the amp.

There are guides on here so do a search but in simple terms.

Put your hand under the heated seat switches and push up and pull this pulls out this tray. Unclip the connectors to remove.

Next pull out the fan housing on top of the air con controls. There will then be 4 bolts visable, think they are 12mm could be 10mm. 2 at the top 2 at the bottom. Undo these and the whole stereo and a/c unit will come out. Disconnect the leads, 3 connectors if I remember right.

Then unbolt the standard HU from this and rebolt the new after market unit onto the ac unit. Take the glove box out with the 2 pins in the hinge.

Take the big white connector out the back of the amp, amp is located in the top left above the glove box. Connect your new bypass cable to the disconnected white cable.

Run in a good place and connect to new headunit, before you put it all back together switch everything on and make sure it all works.

This lead

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-is200-se-sport-amplifier-pass-amp-lead-adaptor-/170544189577?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b539d089

Stereo panel

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-200-300-CD-STEREO-RADIO-FASCIA-FACIA-KIT-IS200-/250666907542?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM&hash=item3a5ce97796

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links