Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recall

Garthy

Mine is a November 2004.

Even though we haven't had any problems yet should we still take the car to the dealer or just wait and see if it is ok?

If you're worried you can enter your VIN number HERE and it will tell you if your vehicle is affected.

Mine is a November 2004.

Even though we haven't had any problems yet should we still take the car to the dealer or just wait and see if it is ok?

If you're worried you can enter your VIN number HERE and it will tell you if your vehicle is affected.

hi,just put my vin number in,glad to know mines not affected either.

Mine is a November 2004.

nice one mate

mines may 2003 and its not affected either B)

Am I the only one thinking something smells fishy? They came out and said all cars from feb 03 onwards could be affected but yet all of us who have put our VIN in are not affected? Either they were being a bit over cautious with their announcement or that VIN checker is duff.

Am I the only one thinking something smells fishy? They came out and said all cars from feb 03 onwards could be affected but yet all of us who have put our VIN in are not affected? Either they were being a bit over cautious with their announcement or that VIN checker is duff.

Hi,just a thought,just because your car(according to the log book)was registered in say feb 2003 doesnt mean it was made actually made in 2003,considering it would have been made in Japan and then shipped over here,so it would probably have been made in late 2002 and this could explain why it is not affected.

Anyone tried calling the Lexus Contact Centre on the quoted 0845 number to see if they give the same result as the VIN checker?

Does seem odd though that not one poster has yet had a recall confirmed on the checker

EDIT: I have just phoned Lexus who confirm my IS200 first registered in Sept 2003 is not affected so the VIN checker was correct in my case :P

EDIT: I have just phoned Lexus who confirm my IS200 first registered in Sept 2003 is not affected so the VIN checker was correct in my case :P

... and they used the same site to check ;)

Perhaps it would be better to hear if anyone actually IS affected and has used the site to check - then perhaps we would have some fith in the site checker actually working ... though perhaps not :D

... and they used the same site to check ;)

That's possible I suppose. Interestingly on the IS250 forum some have entered their VIN and are apparently subject to a recall for the same fault - thought it was only the 1st gen IS 200/300 with the problem but it seems not

Mine is affected on both counts. Breaks and fuel pump thingy................I don't mind Lexus fitting new parts. I've had new steering bits and new rear callipers and pads under recall. I'm pleased I didn't have to have the engine out as per the GS450 though.

Hi,just a thought,just because your car(according to the log book)was registered in say feb 2003 doesnt mean it was made actually made in 2003,considering it would have been made in Japan and then shipped over here,so it would probably have been made in late 2002 and this could explain why it is not affected.

Good point well made. But there are people with 04 and 05's who aren't affected either, and I don't imagine Lexus had cars lying in warehouses for more than a few months let alone 2 years!