Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"hi" From Soon To Be Gs 450H Owner

MrShades

I've recently joined this forum, having been lurking and researching for some time - but now that I've ordered my GS I thought I'd say "Hi" and give a quick intro.

I'm taking delivery of a 2007(57) GS 450h on Friday, that I've sourced from Lexus Derby. It's quite unusual in that it's a fully speced Palladio silver SE-L with ACC/PCS+sunroof - and has grey leather with no wood-pack (hate it!) - but only has 6100 miles on it. I've therefore also treated it to a reg plate - L3 HYB - which hopefully will look good and add value to the car.

Anyway, I'm in Swindon, Wilts - and have one of my near neighbours, who has recently purchased his 2nd GS - a 430 - to thank for opening my eyes to the benefits of GS ownership. Having driven the 450h I'm nothing but astounded by the performance, novelty and overall comfort and level of appointment that they offer - and really can't wait for it to be delivered in two days time. It'll make a bit of a difference to my daily drive (currently a VW Passat TDI) with performance approaching that of my 'weekend car' - an Impreza STi.

I can't think of anything more to add right now, but you'll probably find me lurking in the GS section, and hopefully contributing usefully once I have my new toy sat on the drive.

Cheers,

MrShades

What the bloomin' 'eck does this stupid software do to thread titles? I originally typed it as '"Hi" from soon to be GS 450h owner' and it's gone and capitalised it completely wrongly. How annoying... anyway, rant from newbie over...

Is it Friday yet? LOL

Can't sleep at night, waiting for tomorrow.... Lexus Derby are being fantastic, and excelling in the Customer Service stakes - though I expected nothing less. They're even putting a set of plates in the boot for my personal reg, once I have it swapped over.

Ah.... this is the life!

Car arrived on Friday (call from the driver to tell me it would be delivered at 12:45pm and there it was, absolutely on time). It had been driven down from Derby, which probably was the longest continuous drive it had ever done.

I've now checked out the service history - and in the first 12 months it did just 1345 miles, and by the second service it had completed about 3500. It had its MOT at the end of August 2010 at 5500 miles and had about 6250 on it by the time it got to me).

The Owners Manual and Nav Guide have both been read from cover to cover, but not sure I know everything there is to know just yet. I've been sat in the car tonight setting all of the phone speed-dials to phone-book entries and recording the voice-dials for them (a right pain that you cant transfer the phonebook from an Iphone!). Tweaked the Bluetooth setup with the info+(lights on/off)x3 trick as well - set at 0/0 and bumped both up a notch or two.

I've still got the original 2006/2007 V2 Nav DVD in the car, but when I bought it I did ask the dealer if the Nav would be upgraded and they assured me that if an upgrade was available it would get one - it didn't get one, so they've ordered the latest v10 DVD for me - which hopefully will arrive in the next week or so (as it removes the Agree screen (or the need to acknowledge it), and allows the use of Nav controls when driving).

Otherwise, everything is 100% perfect as far as I can tell. Car looks and drives like new, and as soon as the V5c comes back with my name on it I'm going to put my L3 HYB plate on (which Lexus Derby also kindly made up for me, ready).

All of my friends, colleagues and relatives that I've taken for a "quick spin" have been pretty wowed by the whole hybrid experiencce, especially pulling away under Battery power silently. So far I've been getting a good average of about 34mpg, which increases quite a bit for motorway cruising when up to speed (I reckon it'll achieve around 40mpg on a motorway cruise) - it's the A road acceleration ability that is oh so tempting to enjoy but also dents the fuel economy slightly. Oh well... it's not my fuel so why do I get so focused on MPG, I should just ignore it, but I can't help but drive around with that damn MPG histogram showing.

Can't think of anything else to report right now - but very very happy with this - it's a fantastic car. (Oh, just to add, when I taxed it on Saturday the postmaster at the Post Office looked at the V5 and said "Nice, but the tyres are expensive" - he also owned one - I didn't dwell on the subject of expensive tyres, but are they stupidly expensive for what they are? Any recommendations on dealers/brands when it comes to replacement time?)

Cheers!

Shades (who also went to work proudly wearing his Lexus cufflinks today)... <hmmmm>

Is it Friday yet? LOL

Can't sleep at night, waiting for tomorrow.... Lexus Derby are being fantastic, and excelling in the Customer Service stakes - though I expected nothing less. They're even putting a set of plates in the boot for my personal reg, once I have it swapped over.

That's good of them regarding the plates,did they ask to see the retention certificate before doing this?

Is it Friday yet? LOL

That's good of them regarding the plates,did they ask to see the retention certificate before doing this?

What do you think? Would you ever consider getting plates made up WITHOUT having to show valid ownership of the number?