Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 17" Wheels

Hello people!

I've owned my lexus for about 3 months now and I love it. However, the only issue I've got is the wheels. They're knackered and my tyres are starting to suffer.

I need either a new set (where the hell do I buy these from?!?!?!) or I can get mine refurbed. Only problem is, I drive to work! Whats the most cost effective way to get around this?

Can anyone recommend any sites or companies that can cut me a deal?

I wanna keep the original style wheels as they look the nuts!!!!

Cheers peeps

Rob

Most decent wheel refurbers will be able to do all four wheels within a couple of hours so you wouldn't need to worry about it, just see if any of them work saturdays and leave your car with them for a couple of hours, simples. You should be looking at around £40 per wheel unless you get mates rates (like I do :winky: but my mate is in Glasgow so no use to you I'm afraid).

Most decent wheel refurbers will be able to do all four wheels within a couple of hours so you wouldn't need to worry about it, just see if any of them work saturdays and leave your car with them for a couple of hours, simples. You should be looking at around £40 per wheel unless you get mates rates (like I do :winky: but my mate is in Glasgow so no use to you I'm afraid).

Think you'd be lucky to get a turnaround in a couple of hours tbh, especially if the wheels are in as bad a condition as Rob says they are. The ones I've looked at need the wheels for a day at least, if not longer. Some do offer a hire car if necessary. Also I tend to think the quicker the job is done the more likely it is to be bodged - just my opinion.

There is always the option of the mobile refurbishers but I've not heard that many good comments about them, seem ok for minor blemishes but that's about it. I've just booked mine in to have them refurbed at £40 a wheel but with a three day turnaround time.

I went to the firm that were doing refurbs of the warranty exchanges for Lexus on an exchange basis. :shifty:

Not sure if they still do but suspect they might. Firm was called 'Pristine' and they were near Milton Keynes.

Went there on my way to the JAE show one year and they swapped them out there and then.

Cost about £250 for 4 exchange wheels + moving the tyres across etc.

That was about 6 years ago but just looked at their website and seems now do that through a network of agents.

Might be worth a look http://www.pristinealloywheels.co.uk/exchange-programme.html

You tell them which wheels you have and they send a refurbed set to an agent who then swaps them over for you.

Best of luck

TG

I went to the firm that were doing refurbs of the warranty exchanges for Lexus on an exchange basis. :shifty:

Not sure if they still do but suspect they might. Firm was called 'Pristine' and they were near Milton Keynes.

Went there on my way to the JAE show one year and they swapped them out there and then.

Cost about £250 for 4 exchange wheels + moving the tyres across etc.

That was about 6 years ago but just looked at their website and seems now do that through a network of agents.

Might be worth a look http://www.pristinealloywheels.co.uk/exchange-programme.html

You tell them which wheels you have and they send a refurbed set to an agent who then swaps them over for you.

Best of luck

TG

That's a neat solution. Did they do this for Lexus nationwide? I ask because mine were exchanged during warranty and are now in a worse condition than they were back then! :crying:

Think you'd be lucky to get a turnaround in a couple of hours tbh, especially if the wheels are in as bad a condition as Rob says they are. The ones I've looked at need the wheels for a day at least, if not longer. Some do offer a hire car if necessary. Also I tend to think the quicker the job is done the more likely it is to be bodged - just my opinion.

There is always the option of the mobile refurbishers but I've not heard that many good comments about them, seem ok for minor blemishes but that's about it. I've just booked mine in to have them refurbed at £40 a wheel but with a three day turnaround time.

It really isn't a hard job to do and for anyone who knows what they're doing it won't take more than an hour or two. I refurbed mine myself with the help of my mates powder coating business and even for me, who doesn't do it for a living, I had all 4 wheels done within 2 hours. And they were perfect. Sure they maybe weren't in too bad condition to start with, I did it purely to change the colour, but it still isn't a hard job, and not one that could really be bodged unless they were a real plonker.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links