Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Firstly I hope you got out OK without injury that's the main thing,at this time it doesn't matter abut the car it's just a lump of metal.

It looks like the crumple zone worked and took most of the impact assisted by solid Lexus build quality,what speeds were involved?

I hope everything goes OK with the insurance and you find a suitable replacement.

Firstly I hope you got out OK without injury that's the main thing,at this time it doesn't matter abut the car it's just a lump of metal.

It looks like the crumple zone worked and took most of the impact assisted by solid Lexus build quality,what speeds were involved?

I hope everything goes OK with the insurance and you find a suitable replacement.

Thanks guys.......thanks to the build quality and safety features i'm fine. Other than a large bang and the airbags going off I wouldnt have known that I'd been in a crash from the inside. Car did its job as you say.

I'm absolutely gutted as I'm 100% sure it will be a write off...Just spent £300 on new tires just over a week ago and the inside/outside was immaculate.

Only just under 40mph - but the car literally pulled straight infront of me and stopped.

Its only a car....but I'll miss her :(

Glad you are OK injury wise. The car seems to have protected you quite well really. Will you be replacing with another GS430 if it is written off?

Glad you are OK injury wise. The car seems to have protected you quite well really. Will you be replacing with another GS430 if it is written off?

Absolutely :)

Hi, glad ur ok,, just a thought... I think I read somewhere on this site if ur car gets written off and you have a personalized plate ,you have to put it on retention quick or the dvl a will reclaim it off you. By the pic it looks like u may have one.

Please correct me if I'm wrong someone, if I'm right, hope it helps.

Steve

Ouch!!

Sorry to see that, but the main thing is you're OK (and presumably, the other party is too).

On the other hand, I'm pondering selling mine - only because I'm doing too many miles these days and I need something more economical!

Thanks for all the comments guys. Appears I spoke too soon on the feeling ok. Saturday morning woke up with severe neck pain and it got worse throughout the day. Apparently its normally the case that it takes 24-48 hours to start :(

Steve - thanks for the personal number plate info..luckily someone at work pointed it out to me and it was something that I wasnt aware of. You are correct, you need to get a letter from your insurance company stating they have no financial interest in the plate and fill out a retention form on with the DVLA as you point out. Another £105 that im going to have to fork out :( but better than losing the plate.

Car is now back on my drive until they collect it - need to get all my stuff out including my Parrot car kit - had it professionally fitted but need to whip it out today. Anyone know how to remove the OEM SatNav as its not obvious and need to get that out to remove my car kit?

I'm currently driving for the dark side - theyve given me a brand new Merc E350 Estate....only 36 miles on the clock and that was the guy driving it from the lease place to my house. Nice motor and has more gadgets / tech than I could possibly list...But dont worry, I wont be defecting....Next car WILL be a Lexus :)

Sorry to here this bud. I have only just wrote my gs300 off at 70mph and as you say great build quality. Started stripping the gs and it's one strong car around the front end. I don't know which one to get now. Ls400 or newer 300. Like the 450h but still a few quid.

Sorted the car kit - didn't need to remove satnav in the end as all the connectors conveniently located behind the glovebox. Turned out to be quite easy.

Wow - sorry to hear you lost yours too - sounds like you come off ok too?

Officially written off today - agreement on price and cheque in post.

Decided to opt for a change and looking to add some cash and buy an SC430 instead of another GS

So if anyone know of one going, please let me know - gonna have to be ~2003 given the money I have

Cheers