Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Collapsed After 3 Year Lay Up - Help!

Peter01443

We have a '93 LS400 directly imported from Japan in '92 (Toyota Celsior)which has been laid up without a Battery for nearly 4 years. The suspension had "settled" or "collapsed" during this time. Today we put a Battery on and she started FIRST TIME!!! Very pleased. However, I had assumed that the suspension would jack itself up again once the car was running, but no such luck! I have switched from normal to high ride height but no difference.

My question is simple - where do I look first, what are the most likely problems?

This car is a gold badge with only 66,000 kilometers on the clock and immaculate in every way so I hope very much that I am not facing a huge repair bill - it would be a huge shame to scrap her. The only other thing I should say is that the dashboard diagnostics and displays are all in Japanese characters, so even if the car is trying to tell me something, I cant read it!!!

We have a '93 LS400 directly imported from Japan in '92 (Toyota Celsior)which has been laid up without a battery for nearly 4 years. The suspension had "settled" or "collapsed" during this time. Today we put a battery on and she started FIRST TIME!!! Very pleased. However, I had assumed that the suspension would jack itself up again once the car was running, but no such luck! I have switched from normal to high ride height but no difference.

My question is simple - where do I look first, what are the most likely problems?

This car is a gold badge with only 66,000 kilometers on the clock and immaculate in every way so I hope very much that I am not facing a huge repair bill - it would be a huge shame to scrap her. The only other thing I should say is that the dashboard diagnostics and displays are all in Japanese characters, so even if the car is trying to tell me something, I cant read it!!!

Hi you may find more joy putting your question to the soarer owners as they are on air as with your celsior. could be a sticking valve or perished seals, Listen out for any leaks starting at the compressor.