Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recall For Is 250

gordi

Just got a recall for my IS 250. Apparently a seal in the master cylinder is suspect ? anyone else had a recall yet ? :shutit:

Got a letter in this mornings post saying they'll contact in due course (presumably by my local dealer), but in the meantime it's safe to drive etc. etc.

I contacted my local dealer to make sure they were aware of the recall ( didnt seem to be ) and they said they had not had any authorisation to carry out this repair YET ! I would suggest you contact your local dealer and make them aware ? and at least get your car on the waiting list going to be a lot of IS 250s out there .

i've also been contacted.and when i was talking to lexus of plymouh regarding info on my next service they told me that my service is due the begining of january and they expect to have the fix by then to carry out the recall the same time as service. so it seems their fully aware

• 2 weeks later...

My IS250 SE-L is going in on Monday to have the new master cylinder seal changed out, as the replacement parts arrived today. I was told the problem occurred only in Russia due to a combination of extreme cold temperatures and softening of the elastomer seal by the brake fluid. The seal can rotate/twist so fluid bypasses, and makes the braking less effective or total loss. Should take about an hour to replace.

My IS250 SE-L is going in on Monday to have the new master cylinder seal changed out, as the replacement parts arrived today. I was told the problem occurred only in Russia due to a combination of extreme cold temperatures and softening of the elastomer seal by the brake fluid. The seal can rotate/twist so fluid bypasses, and makes the braking less effective or total loss. Should take about an hour to replace.

Also true of the USA where literacy is not universal, so they happily pour in non-specified brake fluids which have the same effect. A similar act to their Lexus Dealers fitting unsecured aftermarket mats that get stuck under the accelerator pedal.

Just got a recall for my IS 250. Apparently a seal in the master cylinder is suspect ? anyone else had a recall yet ? :shutit:

Is there a reason why this is 250 specific only? Would have thought the braking system would be the same on the 220's?

It may not apply as the 220D was brought in well after the 250. Regardless of model it will be determined by the VIN of the vehicle.My IS250 SE-L has been recalled and complete, but I do not believe it is applicable to my IS-F.

• 4 months later...

Master Brake Cylinder for IS220D, had mine replaced at the weekend. Failed over the course of the week and I couldn't understand what was wrong- when I braked the car just didn't slow quick enough- no sign of fluid leak or anything. Apparently this is very rare- but believe me this was very scary to say the least- and no recall on this model!

• 1 year later...

Dear Lexus owners,

I have just had a service (January 2013) of my IS 250 SE-L 79,000 miles 07 plate (has a full lexus service history),and they checked the brake for me (brake fluid was low) and confirm the problem that has been posted above. However, my car was a later year to those recalled. When I am braking, the first time I press the brake is not all that but if I back and press again the car stands up. The dealer contacted Lexus who has refused to pay for the work, so I am doing some research before I contact them to make my case for them to pay for it. if they are not paying for it this will be my 3rd and final Lexus.

If anyone has experienced this problem on a later year such as 07 please let me know. Thanks.

UKDentonGS300

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links