Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 Ls430 Standard Spec

Quote from Wilkipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_LS

2003–2007

The LS 430 update debuted in September 2003 as a 2004 model, introducing a new six-speed automatic transmission and revised styling.[74] The powerplant remained the same as before. Exterior changes included restyled front and rear fascias, redesigned adaptive headlights that swiveled the projector headlamps in the direction of vehicle turns, light-emitting diode (LED) taillights, and different wheels.[74] The interior received knee airbags, lighted rear-seat vanity mirrors, and new trim selections, including bird's eye maple wood.[42] New options included an updated navigation system, Bluetooth, a backup camera, and a pre-collision system. A driver-programmable electronic key feature allowed the vehicle to detect the key fob in the owner's pocket and unlock the doors by touch.[75]

[edit]

So it would appear the specifications you want are optional and may not be fitted to all models

I think the Wikipedia entry is not specific to the UK market - I think the only options on the last LS430 were for the pre-crash system and the adaptive cruise control. Reversing camera and sat nav were standard from when the model was launched - Bluetooth was added / tweaked later on but was certainly standard by the end of the model's run in 2006 - have a look on Parker's for the used review - certainly backed up by a 2006 model on sale in Autotrader.

Looked into this myself as considered one a while back, but I decided I liked the sport too much!

Thanks for the responses.

It's not easy to find a definitive answer, but having taken delivery of the car and made a preliminary scan of the manual (a first for me - I usually consider it cheating to read the instructions, but there are one hell of a lot of functions on this car) I think scandy looks to be right.

The manual was published 2005 and whilst there are a couple of lower audio, key and aircon options mentioned, I get the impression that in UK spec, everything except the pre-crash & adaptive cruise (which it says came together) was standard. So far this means Bluetooth, reverse camera, voice command, sat nav, keyless go, rear-seat button-fest, all there as standard, and I'm still discovering stuff. Like a volume knob for the internal bong alerts! I'm the biggest gadget fan I know, but I'm almost feeling techno'd out tonight. Almost.

It's not so much an armchair on wheels as a mobile gadget festival. Marvellous.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links