Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Lowering Spring Qs Please.

nathan-76

The Sport was lowered by 25mm all round. I have RS*R springs on my Sport (the previous owner had reverted it back to standard springs due to his drive way). The seem pretty good and I've got no complaints with them. I think they are slightly harder than the standard "Sport" springs, but only look about the same on drop, 25mm, maybe 30mm tops. I got mine through "Envy Performance".

Not sure there is any such thing as a cheap part for the GS, they just seem to be expensive, bloody expensive, or "F8^king Hell, how much?!".

You'll be lucky to get any stock "Sport" ones, I don't think Lexus do them anymore which is why I went for the RS*R ones. At the time, Envy Performance did do greater drop ones, but I didn't want to go lower anyway. Even with the drop I have got, it is a real pain with speed bumps. The car is so long, that it struggles very easily. Also be prepared for a bit of a wait, when I was buying, nowhere had any in stock, so it was a wait for the slow boat delivery from Japan - unless you wanted to pay very high shipping costs for air freight.

It kinda depends what you class as cheap in the end. I think my springs cost £240 or something similar. Most seem to be in that ball park. Coilovers you are looking at £750 plus (although there are Tein coilovers on eBay at the mo for the JZS147 for about £600).

Pretty straightforward job if you are competent with the tools and have spring compressors etc. You will need to get a full geometry setup done afterwards though, which will be roughly £100. If you are unlucky, all the adjusters will be rusted solid and refuse to budge for adjustment.