Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Trouble - Keeps Leaking Air :(

seanog5

HI Guys,

some of you may remember the post made by me looking for new rims/refurbs but at the moment just cant afford it :( here

i have an IS200 on stock wheels (looks like they have been refurbed at some point in the past) with federal SS595s on, they have done 6k miles.

ever since i have had the tyres on, they have lost air, only very slightly, but since i stopped using it (way back in april) and the girlfriend started using it for odd trips on mondays and thursdays (stood the rest of the time) its been leaking more and more :(

i have had them reseated/sealed twice now at a cost of £80 (£10 per wheel) but today it got me thinking

is it the tyre that is giving way and unseating itself due to being sat?

so i have pumped them up to a couple of psi above normal and put loads of fairy liquid around the rim, going to see if it bubbles around the bottom areas (where it would square out)

one random one is, i have put the spare on the back for now, as one wheel was flat as a pancake, and that is original, wheel and tyre and that hasnt lost ANY air at all :| so i am a bit baffled as to whether its the cheap tyres or the rims? when they were resealed, the rim was alright and not corroded so i cannot think why its doing this!

anyone else ever had this before?

regards

Sean

• 3 months later...

I was [still am sometimes] a tyre fitter car&truck seen this often the paint flakes off the bead when it doesnt get used every day the alloy wheel corrodes ats and most of the other tyre companys dont use tyre grease they use tyre soap for fitting the tyre and it doesent help the problem you cant use normal grease it will eat away the rubber the best thing to do is if you cant get tyre grease is take the tyre off and wire brush and spray paint the bead hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links