Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Plz... Squeeky Steering And Tyre Rubbing

flex21

Hi, This is my first post, have used the forum search but cant really find anything hoping someone can advise me.

I bought a Lexus IS200 Sport (Graphite Grey) serveal months ago and i love it!! have sereval issues though.

1. The car is on non standard 18" wheels (225/40W-18) but the near side rear tyre rubs on the arch when there are more than one person in the back this only happens on this side confussed. Suspension problem?

2. Only started a couple days ago but the steering constantly squeeks when turning, when sightly moving the wheel, while stantionery and turning. is this the power steering? It is quite loud. not a squeal like from a belt but a squeek if you get me? Its constant while the steering wheel moves even slightly.

Please help

Thank you.....

Hello flex,

1.) couple of more bits of information need, is the suspension standard or after market? If you load the passengers can you visibly see the arch drops too low? Couple of usual suspects are the arch lining dropping in the arch or the shock absorber has seen better days.

2.) constant squeaking that gets worse with more lock tends to point towards the power steering pump belt, worth checking it before spending money

Cheers for the reply

1. Standard sport im sure checking the docs. But isnt the sport lowered anyway? you can see it visibly dropping just strange its only one side if people want a lift the have to sit behind me? lol. Must be the shock then will get it looked over.

Power steering pump expensive??

No idea on the wheels they where on the car when i got it??

Just the tyre size thats all i got.

Not to sure about the squeeky noise anymore just took it for a drive think its summin to do with suspension? its like a creaky noise rather than a squeeky. and the noise is comming from the offside front wheel. Think the shocks need replacing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links