Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs430 05/06 Model Lowering Springs

Disco7556

Hi guys and gals,

Just joined and am looking forward to my Lexus ownership, absolutely love the car and after having owned a few Mercs the GS knocks spots off them so I am a very happy bunny.

I do have a question about the suspension I hope someone can answer. I am looking to lower my GS430 but when I went to purchase a set of Eibach springs I was told the fronts are ok but the rears might be tricky because the GS430 has a Sport Mode button which adjusts damping units that are attached to the top of the rear shocks with a sensor somewhere on the lower arm which would need disconnecting before attempting to fit springs, if I didnt disconnet it in someway it would automatiacally raise itself to compensate for the owering and therefore make it look like an old american dragster style - is this true? I am only looking to lower it about 20-30mm so nothing drastic but I couldn't get no more info from the guy apart from it cannot be done. He also said the front springs were the same as the GS300 - help :)

Have also been told the Sport Button is only fitted to UK models which I find hard to believe?

Thanks and hi again,

G

I don't know the answer, but I doubt this is correct. The sport mode stiffens the dampers, it can't adjust the height unless you have air or hydraulics. The only thing I can think of would be dampers also adjusted according to the height (load) sensors. Maybe the lower the rear / the stiffer the damping?

I thought the dampers were just switched internally by normal or sport, without any other variables.

I also would be interested to hear from someone who knows.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links