Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After A Quick Rub With Autoglym Super Resin Polish

ant22-2007

sorry if i sound a bit stupid. does srp stand for anything?

as a kid i remember everyone using mer.

is there a cost effective way of repairing sone chips? I have several on my bonnet :yawn:

thanks for your quick response!

Sorry, SRP = Super Resin Polish

Yeah I used to use (and swear by Mer) many years ago when I had a brief spell in car detailing. But there are so many better polishes and waxes out there now.

As for stone chips, if you want an easy (yet temporary) fix - take a look at the Turtle Wax stone chip sticks. For something more permanent look at a touch-up kit, or call out a professional company do do it for you.

what companys are national and can do it, are they quite cheap, has anyone used one they were very happy with?

dont want just anyone fixing the lex. :winky:

im in envy now as you have managed to get a terrific finish. :blush:

mrs is due any day but as soon as baby is born i gonna be on the case for a perfect finish :hehe:

what companys are national and can do it, are they quite cheap, has anyone used one they were very happy with?

dont want just anyone fixing the lex. :winky:

im in envy now as you have managed to get a terrific finish. :blush:

mrs is due any day but as soon as baby is born i gonna be on the case for a perfect finish :hehe:

I've heard good things about 'Chips away'. Not sure if they are national or not though :s

Doing a search for 'smart repairs' should turn up a fair few companies. Then its probably just a case of getting some before/after pictures from them for their previous work, and not taking the cheapest quote.

thanks, the finish you have achieved on the car is with autoglym srp is it?

then i need to buy some autoglym wax.

im excited now as i have a bottle of srp just waiting for the lexus! :hehe:

some may say its sad getting excited over a clean car!

Yep. That was with SRP followed by a coating of High Def wax. Granted I applied the SRP using a rotary polisher, but you should get similar results by hand if you don't have a machine to do the work for you.

Don't get me going on car cleaning...I could talk all day about it :P

ha. I could happily spend all day cleaning the car for a finish like that. :winky:

very impressive. especially as its the same colour.

I used to have a machine polisher also but no longer have it. is there one you could recommend?

I cant wait :shifty:

This is the one I use mate: http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Megs_G220_1.html

Not a true 'rotary' polisher, but at least with this one you cant leave big circular holes in your paintwork if the wife distracts you while polishing :P

Also might be worth considering claying your car if you havent already? Removes a lot of the surface contaminants and makes polishing a lot easier.

• 6 months later...

SRP is one of the best polishes in my opinion. What you can do now is protect that finish with some AutoGlym High Def wax.

Here is my baby with that combo from a month or so ago:

l_img_52702.jpg

EDIT: Oh and Mer is poo :)

top notch finish - no parking though !!!

• 3 months later...

SRP is one of the best polishes in my opinion. What you can do now is protect that finish with some AutoGlym High Def wax.

l_img_52702.jpg

Seriously good mirror finish on that!!!

l_img_52702.jpg

your results are undeniably FANTASTIC.

However I'm not very keen on Autoglym SRP. it very dusty and full of fillers. If you want a short term filler polish it is great though. I have tried a few different products but thankfully I have two friends that are detailing Knuts:) and they enjoy trying new things on my car. I find that Chimical Guys and Poor boys make some fantastic products.

My friend is a Zaino fan he managed these results on a metallic black car with notoriously hard paint. my A3img0266wn.jpgimg0192am.jpgimg0189qc.jpg

The IS200 is solid black which gives a better deeper black than metallic and the paint is very soft hence the big issue with stone chips.

And this result was just with Meguires clay the deep shine and Collinite Auto Wax

p1050444m.jpg

I am currently using on the Lexus Zaino Z5 and victoria wax provided by the friends:) awaiting a coat of WolfsMy http://www.poliswolfs-chemicals-nano-sealing polish

img0124dvg.jpg

i only use autoglym super resin polish, and after that i apply the extra gloss protection to give it that little bit extra and i find it works really well.

Try the Autoglym HD wax after the super resin polish.

cheers dave1, is that before the gloss protection or instead of? i like the fact that the GP prevents stuff like tree sap and bird droppings from penetrating the paint and it lasts for months.

Autoglym suggest that after the SRP you use the EGP or the HD Wax, both give a good finish but the HD Wax is a better and longer lasting finish. I used to use both before I consulted Autoglym for advice.

cheers dave1, is that before the gloss protection or instead of? i like the fact that the GP prevents stuff like tree sap and bird droppings from penetrating the paint and it lasts for months.

Autoglym suggest that after the SRP you use the EGP or the HD Wax, both give a good finish but the HD Wax is a better and longer lasting finish. I used to use both before I consulted Autoglym for advice.

cool. i will try the HD wax next time round and see how it goes :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links