Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iphone Connection Problems

Hi everyone

I'm new to the site and first post for me. I've had my lexus around 6 months now and love every bit of it, I'm really glad I went with it over other 4x4s :)

Not had a single problem with it and just been returned from its first service yesterday. However, since upgrading my phone with Orange to the new Iphone 4 - I've been getting some connection issues with the Bluetooth feature. Sometime it will disconnect or I get a little interference but more often than not, I love my dial lights when it happens - they just go for a couple of seconds? I've been assured from Lexus that it can't bel related and all the relevant fusing has been checked and come back a ok. It's only ever when I'm using the Bluetooth feature and didn't do it with my old handset (HTC Aero). Can anyone shed any light on this at all or know of anyone who it may have already happened to?

Nice to meet you all in advance!

Dont have a clue what this could be, but make sure that you have deleted your HTC profile from the cars Bluetooth system, as i have heard that it 'can' cause problems if you have more than 1 phone's profiles in the car as it confuses it as it is trying to look for the phone that you no longer have.

Welcome to the forums.

It's a problem with Iphone Bluetooth software.... I have a similar problem in that it connects then randomly disconnects for 5 seconds during calls. Also in OS 4.2 update you can no longer dial numbers connected by BT less than 4 digits - ie you can't get access to 121 voicemail!!! Iphone - great device but crappy phone!

I have never had any issues at all with my Iphone 4, using SW 4.2.1, its works flawlessly and is great quality.

Well, apart from there being no ringing tone when you call someone, and it only connecting when they have answered and said hello a few times.

But not sure if this is case with all rx400 cars and all Blue Toothed phones.

Personally I would delete all BT phone pairings in the car and see if that helps. Failing that, try upgrading the firmware in the apple phone. I'm not sure if/how you upgrade the BT firmware in the car, but unfortunately that might be the answer.

I'm not going to bite on the apple comment above.

• 3 years later...

Im new to the Forums and have problems with Iphone 4 s and the 450h in terms of having to turn the audio system off and then back on to get the Iphone playing through the car system. Also, when playing back an album, Lexus goes into Random play for some unknown reason, I mean Random Album playing and not matter how ofter its cancelled on the Iphone etc it still returns.HeLp

• 1 year later...

Hi, Im new too, and having problems connecting an Iphone 6s (new) to my 2009 Lexus 450h multimedia. Ive contacted apple Care under the warranty and have been on the phone for nearly 2 hours while sitting in the car following their instructions. They suggest I contact Lexus HQ but from what I read on the forum it seems to be an apple phone problem and indeed one member got a replacement phone from apple. Im anxious to know because I know that they are quick to squirm out of handback situation if they can avoid it. Right now Im based in Ireland and can tell you that they know didely squat about the Lexus range even in the main dealers. Answers on a postcard please :flowers:

Im new to the Forums and have problems with iPhone 4 s and the 450h in terms of having to turn the audio system off and then back on to get the iPhone playing through the car system. Also, when playing back an album, Lexus goes into Random play for some unknown reason, I mean Random Album playing and not matter how ofter its cancelled on the iPhone etc it still returns.HeLp

Hi, Im having the same problem with the Random Play feature, not possible to cancel it for once and for all.......My Iphone 4s Iphone music played ok through the Multimedia, but now my Iphone 6s just bought last week wont play back through it but will take phone calls.Apple don't seem to know whats wrong.

I was having that problem too, i.e. having to switch the system off and back on. This was only when I was connected by cable from the Iphone 4s to the USB socket. However I found the reason had something to do with using a non apple connection wire which was not supported for this type of operation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links