Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lambda Light Flashing

The lambda light is flashing on my LS430 and the warning triangle is lit. I'm guessing it's a coil problem because it's running very slightly rough which is exactly what happened on my last V6 when a coil went.

Any thoughts? How much are coils for Lexus?

Is it something my local Toyota dealer can sort, I don't want to drive it a great distance...

I had an LPG conversion last week and it until today it was running beautifully, could this be related?

Many thanks.

The lambda light is flashing on my LS430 and the warning triangle is lit. I'm guessing it's a coil problem because it's running very slightly rough which is exactly what happened on my last V6 when a coil went.

Any thoughts? How much are coils for Lexus?

Is it something my local Toyota dealer can sort, I don't want to drive it a great distance...

I had an LPG conversion last week and it until today it was running beautifully, could this be related?

Many thanks.

Hi

I would say its linked. It probably needs setting up again. I would just give them a ring, tell them its running rough and there is a warning light on and let them deal with it.

Hi Steve

I really hope it's not related to the LPG because I got it done 50 miles away! I'm happy to drive it a mile to a Toyota dealer and just hope it's a simple coil problem, but I think you could be right... too much of a coincidence isn't it?

That was my immediate thought and suspected it was yours too. If you hadn't had the work done then an ignition problem was a likely culprit.

I can understand your reluctance to drive it 50 miles in the current condition. They should have the facility to travel to you. When you speak with them, do not suggest any other possible cause. You need them to check their work before you contemplate any other action. No doubt you've spent over £1000 on the conversion so get that checked first.

Well, they collected it yesterday morning and brought it back yesterday evening all fixed. Something wasn't tightened properly in the LPG system, simple as that, and it was either letting air in or letting air out.

I did expect one or two niggles so I hope they're all done and dusted now. Other than that, I'm really pleased with the conversion, I'm actually looking forward to the long drive to my mother-in-law's this weekend.

Thanks for your help Steve.

Well, they collected it yesterday morning and brought it back yesterday evening all fixed. Something wasn't tightened properly in the LPG system, simple as that, and it was either letting air in or letting air out.

I did expect one or two niggles so I hope they're all done and dusted now. Other than that, I'm really pleased with the conversion, I'm actually looking forward to the long drive to my mother-in-law's this weekend.

Thanks for your help Steve.

Good stuff and thanks for the feedback.

• 6 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links