Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus workshop manuals

Wouldn't it be helpful if those of us interested had access to the workshop manuals for our cars ...

The ones they use at the dealerships.

I managed to get them easily enough for my MR2 turbo + CRX at reasonable cost but the local Lexus dealer won't even look at the possibility of supplying them for my IS200 - says they can't sell them + non disclosure agreements etc ...

A dealer in Denmark offered to get them for me but at 100ukp+ each (there's 6 or 7 of them) i though that a bit much. 100ukp for the set maybe .. but each ??

It's not like i want to set up in competition against the dealers, i'd just like to know the ins and outs of what is after all MY CAR !! This maybe a bit sad but i'm actually genuinely interested :)

Maybe they exist in pdf format or something similar that we could have access to ?

Anyone @ Lexus care to comment ?

L8r all

Tony Goose

I have some publication numbers for the IS200 manuals ...

RM684E1 + RM684E2 will be the 2 main volumes ... fat books.

EWD368F Jan 1999 contains detailed wiring diagrams.

RM776E is i think the May2000 supplement with updates to the above.

I believe there are 3 or 4 other relevant but thin books but i don't have the publication numbers for those ...

Think i'll try asking my dealer again if there's any way to get these at reasonable cost.

L8r all

TonyGoose

• 7 months later...

i would be happy t purchase them.....and keep them under lock and key...

only release the info verbally if......a dealer would get me some

id be happy to sign an agreement not to transmit any of the data.

things like wireing diagrams,and body panel numbers would come in handy for me....

as i run my own garage,i often see crashed is2 for sale ,ifact theres one in germany for 6000 euro,i would love to have the books so i can rebuild this car as a track day car.

seeing as the BTCC car did so well!!!

Tony,

If you can remember I bought a set of genuine Lexus manuals at JAE for the GS 300 secondhand. They are excelent books, at the last meet we used the instruction to check the SAT/Nav diagnostics on Rod's GS.

I have purchased an electonic copy on CD from eBay in America, however these are very poor quality and show very little.

If you can buy some they are well worth the money :)

• 4 weeks later...

With block exemption looming on the horizon, all information dealers hold, workshop manuals, CD's, EPC etc will have to be made available to any one who wants the information. The down side being manufacturers will probably try put people off by hiking up the price of these.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links