Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2010/11 Sat Nav Discs

Hi

Has anybody used these to obtain the latest Sat Nav discs? -

sat-navi.com

I mailed them and got the following reply -

The discs are professional back ups and work perfect or your money back.

If they give a refund, surely it's worth it, just wondered if anyone else had any experience of them.

Many thanks

Ash

I just brought the 2010/2011 disk from Lexus which come as a four disk set, I would ask how many disk are they going to send you to confirm if they are the real deal. Also, when installing my disk, I noticed that the disk updated the Nav system, it didnt give me any additional functionality but it may be something to take note of.

I`d be very wary of any copies.

I bought the original of the 2010 version and 'backed them up'

They didn`t work for me but I know they worked for others. I couldn`t get the disc to eject without the 'secret touch' :winky:

I even re-installed the original 2005/6 disc to roll back the firmware and still wouldn`t play.

But.....if you`re getting your dough back, then you can`t lose.

Has anyone TRIED getting their dough back though???????:whistling:

They didn`t work for me but I know they worked for others. I couldn`t get the disc to eject without the 'secret touch' :winky:

I even re-installed the original 2005/6 disc to roll back the firmware and still wouldn`t play.

The secret touch??? :winky:

Hi there guys,

I am new to this forum. I really wanted to warn you not buy from these guys. I had recently purchased a copy for my car from them, they are copies and they just give one disc. When I asked them to return my money back, they have never got back to me!

I would avoid them!

Hope this helps.

Hi there guys,

I am new to this forum. I really wanted to warn you not buy from these guys. I had recently purchased a copy for my car from them, they are copies and they just give one disc. When I asked them to return my money back, they have never got back to me!

I would avoid them!

Hope this helps.

But did the disc work? Their website does state they are copies and that you only receive 1 disc.

The secret touch??? :winky:

Yep........the secret touch to get the disc out :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of years ago, the firmware on the SatNav discs was updated to make the DVD drive in the car not read DVD-R copies anymore. Once you have updated your system to a newer version, you won't be able to use DVD-R discs at all, even if this copied disc used to work fine before the firmware was updated. There were some people on the net taking newer discs, but changing the firmware stored on them to older versions so that they wouldn't update the software on the system in the car, but would still be able to use the newer map data. With all this blatant piracy going on there is no wonder that Lexus have now started using internal hard-drives that have to be upgraded by the dealer using a special computer setup.

If you can't afford the £130-ish it costs for the 4-disc sets, try looking on eBay. Single discs often come up where people sell off the discs they don't need. I got an original E13 disc for Europe West (all i need) for about £50.

A couple of years ago, the firmware on the SatNav discs was updated to make the DVD drive in the car not read DVD-R copies anymore. Once you have updated your system to a newer version, you won't be able to use DVD-R discs at all, even if this copied disc used to work fine before the firmware was updated. There were some people on the net taking newer discs, but changing the firmware stored on them to older versions so that they wouldn't update the software on the system in the car, but would still be able to use the newer map data. With all this blatant piracy going on there is no wonder that Lexus have now started using internal hard-drives that have to be upgraded by the dealer using a special computer setup.

If you can't afford the £130-ish it costs for the 4-disc sets, try looking on eBay. Single discs often come up where people sell off the discs they don't need. I got an original E13 disc for Europe West (all i need) for about £50.

I managed to get a 2007/8 disc off of eBay for £10. Not the newest version but still 2 years newer than what I had.

Yep, classic Lexus thinking.

Let's inject a ludicrous ammount of money in setup, admin, franchising on-offs etc to stop a tiny minority paying a highly inflated value for what should be included, without fee, in a "pursuit of perfection" strategy.

Ever broken the top plastic cap off your headlamp washer?....."Oh I'm afraid that part is also connected to a piece of plastic on the actuator......£200 please".

Personally, I think the eastern-prestige marques have forgotton why consumers originally found refuge with them some 20 years ago.......(think what Honda did to the US bike market)...quality without exhorbitant servicing fees.

Charging in excess of £100 sheets for updated road maps is hardly consistent with this strategy and is why I'll continue to download them for free.

Hi, I got a 55 plate IS250SE with the Sat Nav, so the maps must be 2005 or older...

If anyone has 2010 or 2011 map discs for the portion of Europe that covers the UK, let me know as I am interested in updating mine.

Will I be able to replace the disc myself, I hear I have to take part of the dashboard off ??

I can pay through Paypal

Thanks