Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Consumption

Hi All

I'm a new member and wondered if anyone can help - the dealerships have been no help at all and I've emailed Lexus direct (twice) and not received a response

Bought a 400h in September 2010 and kept it for 3 months and decided to go for model and spec upgrade to 450h

I was assured that the 450 would give 44 mpg, mile after mile with combined motoring

I've done 5000 miles in 8 weeks and constantly get 32/33 mpg

I closely monitor consumption data and the green band and the average dials

I don't go above 78mpg on motorways

I don't have a heavy right foot and too old to be a boy racer

I'm an Advanced Driver and believe I read the road and other drivers reasonably well, to avoid heavy accelertion and braking

I do a lot of miles and 10mpg would be a big saving - as I was LED to be believeable by the Dealership

Any tips, experiences or remedies to help will be appreciated

If you are getting 32/33mpg and drive steady then you are doing very well! It's still a big (heavy) car. The mpg figures quoted by Lexus were done under very controlled conditions. Some people say you need to adapt to the hybrid way of driving (e.g. coasting, etc.) but I still do not think you will get much more and certainly not close to the official figures.

Friends with diesel BMW X5's and Merc ML's don't even get the MPG i'm getting out of my petrol RX. We all enjoy the cars for what they are and have to accept that mpg in particular is a trade-off. If the mpg is the key factor then you may well have to look at another car :(

Friends with diesel BMW X5's and Merc ML's don't even get the MPG i'm getting out of my petrol RX.

Blimey they must have leaden feet! Both my neighbour and a work collegue have the X5 (one is a '05 3L and the other an '08 3.5L I believe) and both onboard computers read over 30mpg everytime I go out in them, and the '08 gets driven like its been nicked most of the time! :sick:

I have been on a long trip in the 3 Litre and we got 39mpg according to fuel used not the computer, it certainly impressed me with my 22mpg 'A road' RX :crybaby:

Then again mine is so much quieter and comfier than either, you pays your money and take your choice!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links