Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Charger

Hey guys its been a while since i posted on the forums. Recently acquired a charger and did the upgrade to the car.

The car is a 2000 IS200 auto stock internals. Only upgrades are the charger kit which has a stock air filter and well a Blitz nur spec back box with the silencer removed, car runs on 17's all round. Now on to the figures.

Dyno first pass made 132 whp & 128 torque.

second pass 140 whp & 134 torque with the power button on and air filter off.

are these good figures for the charger kit or am I loosing boost somewhere. Any other upgrades i can do to help with hp gains...

photo11.JPG

Also with better plugs(any recommended) fuel regulator and high pressure fuel pump and 02 controller would i be able to get more power from the kit.

Yeah that's what I am thinking something is not right. The dyno was done on second gear don't know if that's the gear to use on an automatic car.

Also if you notice the graph it seems to peek at about 5.7 rpm. thought i should of been hitting the limiter 6.4 or something close to there.

You will always get peak power before the rev limit, that the way engines are designed to give progressive delivery up to a certain peak power point then will tail of towards the top of the rev range, look at any power run curve.

Not sure what gear an auto should be run in but every car me and mates have had rolling roaded have always been in 4th. This may have an affect on the power curve??!!??!

You should be getting 200-210 (at the fly) with the TTE charger. You seem to be getting very little over standard. It sounds very much like you are loosing boost.

Check the entire system for leaks, as you may be loosing boost through a badly sealed join in the piping between the air box and charger, charger and intercooler or intercooler and inlet manifold. Also check that the belt is in good condition and tight, as they can slip. If in any doubt then replace the belt, I paid under a tenner I think.

The best thing you can do it rig up a boost gauge, that will show you when you are loosing the boost.

As for further increasing power (after you get this sorted, of course) your best bet is to remove the pre-cats from the manifold, the main cat too (though you will probably have to refit it for MOT time), Denso iridium plugs are good, and either an uprated air filter or preferably an induction kit (sounds absolutely awesome, nothing like it on this world, though wouldn't recommend it if you want to be subtle!) That's about as far as I got with mine! You can't really tune it much further without going into BIG money thou.

I remember reading a thread by P.Lindblom about his charger not giving proper boost. His problem turned out to be that the bolts that lock the pulley to the charger had sheered off I think, so although the pulley was spinning, the charger was not. Might be worth checking that.

you WILL NOT GET AN PROPPER DYNO READING DUE TO YOUR CAR BEING AN AUTO..............YOU WONT........the gear box wont hold the revs long enough,high enough or hold the gear long enough..

that is all....

Thanks guys i will look into these areas. As for the dyno the guy did it in 2gear. Told me to rev slowly till the car changes to second then gradually go up to full throttle. Where is the best place to put the boost guage? before the intake manifold ? The car pulls good but for some reason i dont really feel the boost coming in. Dont know if on autos you dont really feel the boost.

as i have said you cant get an accurate reading from an auto regardless of what gear you hold it in............

with a manual youll drive up to 5thtake the revs close to redline if not hit the limmiter then you let the revs fall right down poss around the 1500 then put the foot down all the way back up...you CANT do this in a auto as it changes down gears and confuses the dyno...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links