Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1995 Lexus Ls400 Air Suspension Not Working

Hey has anyone had this same problem? It just stopped working all of a sudden :crybaby:

I wanted to know if anyone has any solutions or if this has happened to you as well.

Thanks for helping out.

Hey, what year is your car?

Hi and welcome to the UK LOC.

I don't think the air suspension or airbags were fitted to many UK specification cars in that year but basic things to check are fuses and make sure the pump is operating,the AS relay should be located under a black plastic cover on the drivers side inner fender area.

When you say it isn't working is the car sat right down or is there another problem,is the AS light flashing?

Also check the switch in the trunk ( in tool box cover) just incase it has been accidentally switched off.

• Like 1

Its a USA car if that helps

Steve.

I realised that so used the US terms for wing/fender it's so confusing having to translate sometimes! lol.

Did any UK car of this age have AS I know some of the Celsiors did?

Its a USA car if that helps

Steve.

I realised that so used the US terms for wing/fender it's so confusing having to translate sometimes! lol.

Did any UK car of this age have AS I know some of the Celsiors did?

Ahh I didn't spot you said fender lol. You never know if a member posts in another country by mistake or if they've not solved a problem through their own forums and try abroad.

I always look at the US forum out of interest but am not a member like some lol ;)

Steve

• 5 years later...

I have a strange problem with my air suspension on my 1999 LS400.

When I was changing my break pads in the rear I jacked up the car. The break wear indicator needed to be repaired so I soldered it together again and put it back in.  To check if the break wear warning light would now not come up I started the engine for maybe one minute.  I realized afterwards I should not have started the engine while jacked up due to air suspension controller settings going all bizar.    But.. now the air suspension light is not working at all.. If I set it on high or low nothing changes.  The car is now quite high in front and quite low in the rear. It is still driveble and feels pretty much the same but it looks a bit stupid. I disconnected the Battery for 10 minutes and started the car again to have all systems setting up and resetting all. Also checked the fuse of the air suspension.  It didn't change anything.. Hi or low setting no lights switch on or off. Also no blinking light or other errors in the display.. Is there any other way to reset the air suspension? Anyone had the same problem?

43 minutes ago, Malc said:

hey, I guess you're not in the UK  ?  Very very few, if any Lexus Ls400s have air suspension here, maybe the odd Celsior but Jap imports. ( I think )

Malc

Im your happy Neighbour from the Netherlands ;-)  Most LS400's have air suspension here.. But Netherlands is a small LS400 base..

Hi Tulpen ;-) Yes I love this car. But I must say I would prefer the 96 model. just a touch better in many ways.. To come back to my original question. Anyone know whats going on with my suspension?? see post above  Thanx in advance.