Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Steering!

alanf1000

Hi I now have no power steering in my 2006 lexus is220d SE. I got the car plugged in and I was told that its the sensor in the steering column thats at fault. Im not sure what to do as I havnt the money to pay a Lexus Dealer. Should i get a second hand column or can a sensor be got from a dealer on its own. Has anyone else had this problem . Thanks

• 5 years later...

I have the same problem with my 2007 lexus is220d se, although it is intermittent and very annoying, no warning just goes of when it feels like it ,could be parked up or turning

no consistency at all. I stop[ the car turn it off and on a couple of times, sometimes  use the fob to lock and unlock the car ,sometimes it comes back quicker that way,

then when it does it might be fine for 80 miles of various driving ,got the code read it came back with motion rotation sensor??? I don't know ? but thought if a sensor failed it had failed? the steering comes back fine for a few days to a week ad various mileage? im new to lexus come from audi tdi so these are new to me do a lot of my own repairs and maintainace,so wondered has anyone else come across this problem before, would  be very grateful for any feedback...tthanks