Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does the is220D SE-L have a heated windscreen?

If so, is standard or optional. I`m getting a new windscreen this week and Autoglass want to know.

It has a black border with black dots but am not sure if that`s for the rain sensors or not. I know/have the rain sensor is around the rear-view mirror area.

I stand to be corrected but I believe that Ford have the patent and all rights to a heated windscreen.

That`ll be a no then :D

It does have a heated screen, but it's only at the bottom to provide windscreen wiper de-icing. There's a button on the dash which activates it.

Should I be telling Autoglass that it IS heated then?

Yes, didn't know they did one without. Look at the bottom of your current screen to double check.

Thanks Steve. I seen the switch this morning.

Does anyone know if Autoglass will replace the screen with an original Lex/Toyota one or will it be similar?

From past experience, they will fit a non original part as standard. I had to request for an original part to be fitted.

Cheers bud.

I just spoke to them and they assure me it will be the same as the original.

Just out of interest, how much is the new screen costing (whether you are paying or insurance), it would be nice to know.

From past experience, they will fit a non original part as standard. I had to request for an original part to be fitted.

Cheers bud.

I just spoke to them and they assure me it will be the same as the original.

Just out of interest, how much is the new screen costing (whether you are paying or insurance), it would be nice to know.

I have no idea mate. I`ll quiz the guy on Saturday though when he comes to fit it.

I pay my Insurance excess of £75.

I have no idea mate. I`ll quiz the guy on Saturday though when he comes to fit it.

How did the fitting go ??? hope no issues..... i got my car's windscreen replaced last month with National windscreens and they did not do a good job...first time i could hear the engine revving directly into the cabin and it leaked near the rear view mirror ... they had to replace it again and now i hear wind noise on the motorway .... only because did not do a motorway run until yesterday after fitting the new windscreen (nearly 45 days)... i cant ask them to check it again and again ...

so would ask you to take the car to a car wash with a pressure hose and a motorway blast and check everything is ok ...

How did the fitting go ??? hope no issues..... i got my car's windscreen replaced last month with National windscreens and they did not do a good job...first time i could hear the engine revving directly into the cabin and it leaked near the rear view mirror ... they had to replace it again and now i hear wind noise on the motorway .... only because did not do a motorway run until yesterday after fitting the new windscreen (nearly 45 days)... i cant ask them to check it again and again ...

so would ask you to take the car to a car wash with a pressure hose and a motorway blast and check everything is ok ...

If you`re still having issues then you are quite within your right to ask as many times as you like. Even after 45 days.

It went well mate as far as I can tell.

Have only done 12 miles since it was done but 10 of them were motorway.

Haven`t washed it yet so can`t say if it`s watertight.

So far so good though.

Also, it seems pretty much identical to one that came off. Even has the little window to show the VIN.