Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Waxes

Dinho

Hi all, just want to know what waxes you have tried and which works the best.

My personal budget for a tin of wax is £50, so before I buy I just want some opinions and advice.

Thanks any info would be helpful

dodo juice - hard candy! Best wax ive used by a mile. Look it up on any detailing site and you will see how good it is :) Then wash it will dodo juice born to be mild shampoo and your wax wont be effected due to it being ph netrual. should be able to get them both for £50

Thanks for those, I have started to notice there are a few waxes out there that work well on particular colours, mine is silver so want something that will work best for that. Has anyone tried swissvax at all? The Dodo shampoo is on my list it seems like it will do a good job and isnt expensive. Is it true it doesnt leave streaks on the glass?

Well it seems Dodo is leading the way in reliability for price, so ive got my eyes on the shampoo and wax. When i get car sprayed thats what I will be using to try and keep that shine.

If your going to get dodo juice get the Hard wax it lasts abit longer and isent really any harder to get off. It seams to be the longer you leave it the easer it is to get off.

I agree with this, I usually leave mine off for 20-30mins before taking it off.

Also i find the easiest way to apply it is using your hands. Scoop a little bit up, warm it slightly on your hands then you can spread it easily and evenly over the car.

Meguiars do a good range of polishes and waxes IMHO.

Ive detailed many cars, in my opinion, collonite 915 during the winter for its durability, and Autoglym high definition wax during the summer. Very deep gloss shine for your car.

Before youu apply though, give it a clay and then polish (Autoglym super resipolish) and then apply something like poorboys ex-p sealent if a black or red car prior to the wax. This will give you a very good, deep shine to your car and will protect it with regular washing for a good 3-4 months

Rob

Still waiting for someone to tell me if they have used Zymol at all. I have a silver car so would need wax best suited for that colour.

Ive got my eyes on the Zymol Titanium, it is quite dear, but for what it is do you think its worth the retail price? And what shampoo do you use to clean the car if you have used the Zymol wax..?

It's hard to say if it's worth the retail price,like a lot of things the gap between an good wax and an expensive wax has got smaller,i'd go onto detailing World and look at buying some sample pots and see what works for you,i use colly 845 (15 quid) on the g/f's car (only because it keeps getting bird bombs and it's cheaper to keep renewing the colly ) and that gives a lovely finish that can really lasts !,my shampoo is Zymol clear,i first used it as i got in a set,but now i keep an eye out for any deals as it's pricey as well,but any of the "good" shampoos will do,it's more important to follow the amount recommended as too much shampoo is a waste of money and could strip your wax,HTH.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does it work good on a lighter coloured car though (silver) because darker cars give off a better shine.

• 4 weeks later...

mine is silver and i think it looks good on harleys or Autoglym hd wax but i can tell you had my car a few years and silver is hard colour to make pop so getting a wet look will make reflections better giving a nice look esp in afternoon and night

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just want to know what waxes you have tried and which works the best.

My personal budget for a tin of wax is £50, so before I buy I just want some opinions and advice.

Thanks any info would be helpful

SIMONIZ No 1 in the gold tin .about £8.00 excellent old fashoned wax