Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me if ther is a way to diconnect the car alarm on a 2000 RX300 for example by removing a fuse.

The car alarm keeps going off for no reason so i would like to be able to isolate this but keep the remote locking.

Any replies are much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Paul

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Same here with my 2002 RX300. Alarm sounds randomly when the car is locked and left. It's been happening for several weeks and I've not manage to find a fix. All I can do is leave a key in the lock and use a second key to shut the driver's door.  Help!

• 3 months later...

The lock system I am using at the moment is to lock the doors with the central button inside the vehicle while I am outside holding the drivers door open. Then you hold the handle on the outside of the door in the open position and shut the door itself. Car locked no alarm sounds - God know what my problem is I suspect a Battery drain for some reason but the Battery is less that 12 months old and  the problem never surfaced with my old Battery.:sad:

I have posted this on another thread but here it is again in case it helps for locking a 2002 RX300 (UK early version) without intruder alarm

closeall the doors then insert the key in the drivers door turning the key it in the "unlock" direction (even though the car is already unlocked) remove the key and within 10 seconds press the lock button on the key once to lock the doors or twice to deadlock the doors.  
This leaves the alarm/immobiliser activated but interior sensors off. This seems to have cured my problem or more accurately isolated where the problem is IE. in the interior sensors system.  The PITA is that you have to use this system every time you alarm the car. 

Does anyone know if (on my early 2002 RX300)

1. is there a way to perminatly disable the interior sensors?
  2. is it an ultra sonic or proximity sensor system?
  3. where the sensors are located?
  4. How do i permanently cure the issue?

I have read many of the threads but the problem is its often unclear whether these "cures" are like the one above and needs performing every time I lock the car or not?