Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I agree with steve, i got cheap flat wipers eBay, good for money better than bosch little cutting of plastic to make fit on driver arm 2min job. I messaged the firmi bought mine of and told them the driver side dont fit right, they refunded me half my money back. So good set of wipers for about £3.00 and still going strong. Paid £30 for bosch flat blades for my van no were near as good as the cheap ones.

• Like 1

My last wiper rubbers purchased from Lexus ( Toyota ) at I think @£18 about 3 years ago and still going fine.............. maybe about 30k miles too.

Malc

just wanted to add my exprience or disappointment - i paid good money for some michelin stealth ones less than six months ago - at the time of fitting they were superb - now the drivers side is juddering and noisy - when it judders it doesnt wipe cleanly - not very happy

When the rubbers on my Mark 1 went bad after 10 years I purchased new rubbers from the Lexus parts dept. At that time the clip came off the end and it was a case of feeding in the new rubber and replacing the clip, they cost about a tenner then. I don't know if it the same set up on my Mark 4 because the ones that are on are OK.

• Like 1

I think you get what you pay for with wiper rubbers ........ my Mazda one's I just get cheapies and they last just over a year and eventually judder and squeal, especially in the cold, not so bad when it's warmer.

The Lexus ones bought from Toyota / Lexus are brilliant and made for the car I guess and always do a simply superb job ...... for years and years and years.

Malc

I bought and fitted (modified) some very cheap 'aero' blades a while ago and they have been brilliant so far. All the judder I had from the old blades has disappeared. It was driving me mad. I'll have to see what these replacements are like when it gets down to freezing temps this winter though. Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• 5 months later...

Bumping an old thread here, my wipers are tired (1999 LS400), general consensus seems to be that the cheap eBay aero style blades are very effective, but need a slight modification to fit.

Anyone know if these are any good?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22-16-Aero-FLAT-Windscreen-Front-Wiper-Blades-Lexus-LS-400-1990-ON-/310350839290?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item484259fdfa

Same style as mentioned by quite a few people on here?

Not sure but I've used them and they've been good. I've got Bosch areo on my van and there not as good as the cheap ones I put on my 430. But that's my opinion, not sure but you may not have to make the small alteration on a 400 and if you do it's only drivers side, on the 430 it has like a twin wiper arm so that's were it needs to be altered

Not sure but I've used them and they've been good. I've got Bosch areo on my van and there not as good as the cheap ones I put on my 430. But that's my opinion, not sure but you may not have to make the small alteration on a 400 and if you do it's only drivers side, on the 430 it has like a twin wiper arm so that's were it needs to be altered

the ones I used were fisher.
  • Like 1

Bumping an old thread here, my wipers are tired (1999 LS400), general consensus seems to be that the cheap ebay aero style blades are very effective, but need a slight modification to fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22-16-Aero-FLAT-Windscreen-Front-Wiper-Blades-Lexus-LS-400-1990-ON-/310350839290?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item484259fdfa

i bought those type a few months ago, but no mods were required

Bumping an old thread here, my wipers are tired (1999 LS400), general consensus seems to be that the cheap ebay aero style blades are very effective, but need a slight modification to fit.

i bought those type a few months ago, but no mods were required

Brill thanks chaps

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old post but I just got round to fitting the wiper blades from eBay, they went on very

easily without modification. Just clipped on as per instructions.

Remains to be seen if they perform!

Mark.

My Lexus / Toyota wiper rubbers have now been on for 3 years and some 35000 miles and I fully expect them to see through this next MOT on Wednesday ok as they seem to be working fine and without judder, smearing or anything untoward. :whistling:

Malc

My Lexus / Toyota wiper rubbers have now been on for 3 years and some 35000 miles and I fully expect them to see through this next MOT on Wednesday ok as they seem to be working fine and without judder, smearing or anything untoward. :whistling:

Malc

I forked out for Denso blades last year, I won't be doing it again though!

I went with Lexus replacements, I cant remember the price but wouldn't have been that expensive otherwise I would have remembered. No problem with the replacement Lexus ones. Mike.

Sorry to resurrect such an old post but I just got round to fitting the wiper blades from Ebay, they went on very

easily without modification. Just clipped on as per instructions.

Remains to be seen if they perform!

Mark.

Same here - went with the eBay Aero blades and they are great. Drivers side was a bit stiff to slot in, but did go eventually. Can't argue at just over a fiver delivered!

• Like 1

I bought some Lexus replacements a couple of months ago and they cost £21.24.

Not cheap but I have been very pleased with them and no regrets buying them. Very smooth and silent in operation.

• Like 1

The cheap 'Aero' style wiper blades, of which there are a few types around on the market, seem to do a very good job I find, with no judder or noise at all. The only problem I've found is that even though they look 'beefy', on inspection, the rubber that actually sweeps the screen is quite skinny and after about a year or so starts to come away from the backing. Still, as it's possible to buy a pair for silly money, I'm not complaining. Their totally smooth and silent operation is what I like about them.

The cheap 'Aero' style wiper blades, of which there are a few types around on the market, seem to do a very good job I find, with no judder or noise at all. The only problem I've found is that even though they look 'beefy', on inspection, the rubber that actually sweeps the screen is quite skinny and after about a year or so starts to come away from the backing. Still, as it's possible to buy a pair for silly money, I'm not complaining. Their totally smooth and silent operation is what I like about them.

I think they do a good job as the load is spread evenly across the blade. I'd rather change them every year at a fiver than spend say £20 on a genuine set that will hopefully last 4 years.

Ive used the aero style ones on my GS for years. Work great. I also use rainex on the screen, so during average rain showers, the wipers barely get used anyway which helps prolong the life that bit further.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by what I read in this topic, and motivated by a wiper blade that was losing the rubber component, I purchased a couple of wiper blades from eBay, specifically listed as suitable for my car.

The passenger side went on without incident or drama.

The driver's side was a little more challenging, but went on without too much effort, and without having to shave anything off it. Did a quick screen wash and all seemed well.

Yesterday, in a shower of rain, I put on the wipers to use them in earnest. After two or three wipes there was a load 'crack' and my wiper blade shot off landing on the other side of the road. The plastic clip was shattered and the wiper blade useless.

On my way to work I popped in to Halfords. Checked the little guide, in the wiper blade aisle, and was directed to the correct wiper blade for my car.

As the sun was now out and no sign of rain I waited until I got home to fit the blade. It would not fit, as the clip was far to narrow for the 'hook' on the end of the wiper arm.

Luckily another dry and sunny day today, so returned to Halfords armed with a wiper blade that does not fit, and a receipt.

When I spoke to the sales assistant and explained that the wiper blade they said was for my car, did not actually fit, I was given a look that said just how incompetent are you. "Shall we see if we can fit the blade for you, sir?". The response was "You are very welcome to try, but it does not fit". So, I accompanied Doubting Thomas out to the car park where he spent a good few minutes trying to prove me wrong.

In frustration he returned to the store, with me trying my very best not to look too smug about it.

We tried a Bosch wiper blade - it did not fit.

We tried Halford's own blade, a different number from the one I had purchased, and . . . . . . that did not fit either.

Another trip back inside and he came out armed with another wiper blade, this time a much more conventional looking one, and . . . . . . this one did click easily in to place. I was invited to "give it a go" and i swung in to action trying to scrape the dead flies of my now dirty windscreen. No problem.

On the way home tonight I used the windscreen washer generously and the wiper performed well, smoothly and in silence.

In case anyone wants a painless experience, apart from the price, the details are:

Halfords

Bosch Single Blade (Driver's Side)

24"

Part No. 701219

£14.99

Good Luck !

... and without any grief at all . Toyots / Lexus . correct first time fit ... about £22 ... saves on broken finger nails, fingers and fuel revisiting Halfords etc ..... even tho' it's a great pleasure to drive the Ls at any time. :hocus-pokus:

Malc

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought these {and then another pair for when they wear out!) off Fleabay, autoperformanceonline, 290326658647, Aero-types, they fitted easily to my LS400 Mk1, and work brilliantly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links