Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Insurance

Hi All,

I pick up my standard X plate IS200 sport on Saturday so spent last 3 days getting quotes. In the end went through Adrian Flux.

29, 9 years NCB protected, No Accidents, No points live near Gatwick Airport. £410 Fully Comp. Bit disapointed to be honests. I was paying that on my BWM 528i Sport 4 years ago.

I've been told having kids is now taken into consideration and bumps it up a fair bit. I hadnt had to declare my kids until trying to insure the Lexus so must be pretty new only went through this with my last car in December.

Ho hum I'm sure it'll be worth it :)

Chris

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much will my insurance go up if at all if I get light smoke tinted windows? I am 21. Hundreds or a few quid?

if you tint the front they wont insure you.....no tinting from the b pillar forward..

Im also 26 and only paying just under £500, paid in full. I was paying £750 with my old insurance company, and then I got a renewal quote declaring my lowering springs and they put up the insurance to £1500, so I gracefully declined their offer lol, I like to keep legitimate so wanted the springs declared on my next policy and couldnt get cheaper than £1500, to at which point I was reminded of Greenlight, they saved a grand approx., and I was over the moon, you should try Greenlight, highly recommend B)

just had my renewal 'quote' from direct line £596

drivin licence since 1990

ncd 10 yrs (longer really but with same company now 11 yrs)

protected no claims for over 5 yrs £89.00

breakdown cover £53

motor legal protection £26

and they have a compulsory excess of £200 for lexus cars total excess £250

had a bump jan this year £785 total claim

so £765 a year

by time vat n apr's added

£841 :tsktsk: :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have done another quote as it is getting closer to the time for me to insure so I will be doing them weekly to see whats the best offer. A few days ago I got a new quote of £1328.92 from MyMotorQuote, so it seems its coming down a little on my previous quotes. Im just wondering, because I am with Adrian Flux already until November, will the look to rip me off if I change from a 1.6 astra to 2.0 Lexus? Will they take into consideration other quotes ive had or can they charge me what they feel?

I pay £560 FC

26 years old

6 years no claims

No convictions

S/S exhaust and lowering springs declared

Who are u insured with? The cheapest i got quoted was 495 befor the interest on paying monthly with out declaring my alloys, im 25 with 6 years no claims driving for 7 years no convictions

Mine is £360 With RBS( I do get some discounts though because i bank with them), me and my good lady on the insurance Me 40, her 33 ;-) and with 5 years NCB(she lost me 3 years a couple of years ago reversing into her mothers car causing £1000 of damage) I have been driving since '91, er indoors since 2005.

I have just traded my Group 14 Ford Cougar for a Group 12 IS200SE

Living in rural Shropshire with 9+ year NCB,3 points on my licence (comes off next January) a Voluntary Excess of £ 300, 10000 miles per year, being 67 years old and just having my wife on the policy as second driver I've just paid £ 195.00 to Hastings Direct

This is almost exactly what I was paying on the Cougar

Conchain

I've just renewed my insurance this month.... My previous company wanted £500 for the renewal but i managed to find a better policy for £383 fully comp with 9 years protected NCB and only £250 excess with the wife as a named driver. This is for an '04 IS300 limited Edition and i'm 38 years old with no points.

Cheers

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...