Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 / Aristo ? / Vertex ?

Could someone explain the different types/models ? ?

I fancy (some time in the future) one of the 3.0 TT models,

is that a Aristo Vertex ? ?

or what ? ?

in other words, what FAST versions are there

(Supra TT-type fast, that is !)

xxx.

Hiya

The GS300 is what is the Toyota Aristo in Japan (Lexus doesn't exist there)

The GS430 is the V8 version - VERY fast

The Aristo Vertex is the 3.0TT nutter version, and is available in the UK as an import, but is not a UK model as such.

One of our members has one - I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Can't comment about the Vertex but the Aristo is a very quick motor, very reliable and comfortable.

Mine is the Imported version, 3 L TT Aristo, all the usual mod cons.

The engine in mine is the 9SGTE, MK 4 Supra engine, lovely and quiet engines

• 1 year later...

The GS is we know it is called the Aristo in Japan.

There are two main variants the S300 and the V300.

The S300 is like the UK GS300 with the 2JZ-GE engine putting out around 220bhp.

The V300 is the twin turbo 2JZ-GTE engine putting out 280bhp (although probably nearer 300bhp).

Both the S300 and the V300 are available in standard form and the Vertex (some people incorrectly call it the Vortex). This is a higher spec model so you get a rear spoiler, HIDs, maybe bigger wheels etc. The V300 Vertex also gets active rear wheel steering.

The S300 is also available in Walnut Package which is like the Vertex model + wood trim interior.

Leather interior, sunroof and uprated stereos are options on all models.

The V300 is the twin turbo 2JZ-GTE engine putting out 280bhp (although probably nearer 300bhp).

Both the S300 and the V300 are available in standard form and the Vertex (some people incorrectly call it the Vortex). This is a higher spec model so you get a rear spoiler, HIDs, maybe bigger wheels etc. The V300 Vertex also gets active rear wheel steering.

The S300 is also available in Walnut Package which is like the Vertex model + wood trim interior.

can you get a 4.3 Aristo in japan? i seen a imported mark1 4.0 Aristo which is 4WD but not seen/heard of a mark2 Aristo with a 4.0/4.3 after all you can get the GS430 in uk.

I've never seen a V8 series II in Japan. It's not sold now even if it was in the past.

The GS400 was available in the US from 1998-2000 and the GS430 is available in US and Europe from 2001 (late 2000) onwards.

perhaps not then. i looked at official toyota japan site it dont list it there. maybe they got the 3.0 twin turbo instead that is similar performance.is like the Altezza, apart from the sportcross there is no 3.0 Altezza 4dr sedan in japan which is the Is300 elsewhere. maybe is fact they got the RS200 instead......

• 2 months later...

Does it mean that GS300 sold here in UK as imports are Aristo's?.This is because I have seen some advertised in the Auto Trader as GS 300 imports. I am also thinking of buying a GS 300 so I am confused a bit.

• 1 month later...

I Have a 2001 Aristo Vertex V300 Ive had it for a year now. It is a Jap import with full spec. It goes like the wind and is the fastest car Ive ever had. You name it, it has it. Anything you want to know I'll be glad to let you know if I can.

The Bold Boy.(ex name billy boy)

Here GS300 220 nearly bhp rwd, etc

430 much more bhp, not sold in asia but US

Vertex twinturbo 300, close to 300bhp asia market...not here :(

Just been to Dubai - they love the lex 300 V6 weird but but not ugly, not nearly aas good as the GS 300............tired now...will post pics!

There was a mark 1 aristo available in japan called the Zi-four version, its on the toyotaimports website, i'll find the link in a minute and attach it, but it basically had rear wheel steering, but rare as rocking horse ....

And what do you know it has a 4.0 V8 1UZ-FE engine heres the link, remember this is in mk1 guise

http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/aristo/

edit: possibly the one 323 was mentioning, but its not got 4wd, don't think they did a 4wd version

• 1 year later...
Can't comment about the Vertex but the Aristo is a very quick motor, very reliable and comfortable.

Mine is the Imported version, 3 L TT Aristo, all the usual mod cons.

The engine in mine is the 9SGTE, MK 4 Supra engine, lovely and quiet engines

Minor quibble its actually the world famous 2JZ-GTE engine that is fitted to the aristo TT and MKIV supra. The wheels on the MK1 vertex weren't upgraded as the spare in mine and most I have seen on the market have the nasty stock 16"s on Vertex or no. Weird thing is some cars have leather some don't, some have sunroof's some don't, V's all have turbo's S's do not (so whats the point).

Yup the TT variant is packing about 300 ish BHP but that is the thin edge of the wedge. Its an easily and cheaply tuned engine (hence the world famous part). About a grand will see that 300 push 400 easily.

• 1 year later...
Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but what is generally considered the faster car - the Twin Turbo 3.0L or the 4.0L V8? :question:

TT all the way

and the 4.0 V8 has to drive a 4WD system (unless you are talking about the LHD-only GS400).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links