Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low Fuel Level Warning Light

conchain

Hi to all, I'm a new IS200 owner

I was surprised to observe that the car handbook makes no reference to the quantity of petrol left in the fuel tank when the Low Level Fuel Warning Light illuminates

True, most cars do not have an accurate figure for this but most manufacturers at least they tell that say 10 litres is left when the light comes on.

Yesterday mine came on for the first time and I continued on the A14 for about 20 miles. Not knowing what was left in the tank I put £ 10.00 / just over 7 litres into the tank quickly. I then filled that tank at Tesco ( I had a 5p off coupon)and it took another 55 litres to fill up to the brim

Thus 62 litres was the fill up less say 4 litres for the 20 miles which I drove i.e.I think that about 10 litres of petrol must have remained when the loght was originally illuminated

Does anyone else know?

Best regards to all

Anglia105e

I've also worked out that there is approximately 10 litres left when the low fuel light comes on. It takes 60 litres to brim the tank from the time it comes on. This measurement is pretty consistent.

I was surprised to observe that the car handbook makes no reference to the quantity of petrol left in the fuel tank when the Low Level Fuel Warning Light illuminates

True, most cars do not have an accurate figure for this but most manufacturers at least they tell that say 10 litres is left when the light comes on.

Yesterday mine came on for the first time and I continued on the A14 for about 20 miles. Not knowing what was left in the tank I put £ 10.00 / just over 7 litres into the tank quickly. I then filled that tank at Tesco ( I had a 5p off coupon)and it took another 55 litres to fill up to the brim

Thus 62 litres was the fill up less say 4 litres for the 20 miles which I drove i.e.I think that about 10 litres of petrol must have remained when the loght was originally illuminated

Does anyone else know?

Best regards to all

Anglia105e

HI I AM BRAND NEW TO THE CLUB I HAVE A 1998 LEXUS , AFTER BEING WITH BMW 7 SERIES FOR TEN YEARS I LOVE THE LEXUS BETTER THAN THE BEEMER , BUT MY LOW FUEL LIGHT CAME ON AND IT SAID 49 MILES IN TANK SO I PULLED IN TO THE NEXT GARAGE AND PUT IN £30.00 AND MY LOW FUEL LITE IS STILL ON ? HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP TEL 07851732747 I AM 68 AND ITS MY FIRST LEXUS £ 5OOO I HPE WELL SPENT ...

Does anyone else know?

Best regards to all

Anglia105e

HI I AM BRAND NEW TO THE CLUB I HAVE A 1998 LEXUS , AFTER BEING WITH BMW 7 SERIES FOR TEN YEARS I LOVE THE LEXUS BETTER THAN THE BEEMER , BUT MY LOW FUEL LIGHT CAME ON AND IT SAID 49 MILES IN TANK SO I PULLED IN TO THE NEXT GARAGE AND PUT IN £30.00 AND MY LOW FUEL LITE IS STILL ON ? HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP TEL 07851732747 I AM 68 AND ITS MY FIRST LEXUS £ 5OOO I HPE WELL SPENT ...

As per your own thread mate, I would fill her up properly before assuming there is anything wrong. If the light is still on when you've filled her up, then get the sender checked out.

How did you get the car to show how many miles were left???? Mine's a 2004 IS300 and all i have is the low fuel light.... The trip computer only shows total mileage and trip 1 and 2 mileages on mine with nothing for estimated range left in the tank?!?!?!

Just to add and agree with others it seems to be around 10 litres or so when the light comes on in mine also.

***EDIT*** Just realised you have an LS not an IS hence your range left indicator. :winky:

Cheers

Dave.