Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey guys, you missed the very best MK3 at the weekend.

I bought ACLex's ........ just simply a dream machine :blush: :winky: :hehe:

My amazing 40k miles MK2 having been written-off by some low life with gloss paint and tyre stabbing.

Malc

Hi Malc you can wash the gloss paint off with cellilous thinners, my first car when i arived back in the country was a daihatsu charade write off due to being tottally covered in gloss white paint ( and I mean tottaly windows & all) 5 litres of thinners & 2 days cleaning sorted it. you wont get it off the rubber bits mind spent the next 2 years picking bits of paint off them. Hope this helps Mark

ps try it on a small patch first I assume the early Ls was acrilic paint

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, you missed the very best MK3 at the weekend.

I bought ACLex's ........ just simply a dream machine :blush: :winky: :hehe:

My amazing 40k miles MK2 having been written-off by some low life with gloss paint and tyre stabbing.

Malc

Hi Malc you can wash the gloss paint off with cellilous thinners, my first car when i arived back in the country was a daihatsu charade write off due to being tottally covered in gloss white paint ( and I mean tottaly windows & all) 5 litres of thinners & 2 days cleaning sorted it. you wont get it off the rubber bits mind spent the next 2 years picking bits of paint off them. Hope this helps Mark

ps try it on a small patch first I assume the early Ls was acrilic paint

Thanks for this ................ already now gone to that home for dead Lexiii up there somewhere !!!

Malc

I don't know if this one has been flagged up before and I'm not looking through 100 posts to check!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-LEXUS-LS-400-AUTO-SAT-NAV-/250840731374?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a6745ceee#ht_1208wt_1141

cheers steve,

Have just got back from a week holiday so will resume my search.

I have sent him a load of questions to answer ...

thanks also for info on wheels ... and that is local to me .

• 2 weeks later...

Still on the Hunt ......

Anyone on the 'brink' thinking of selling?

I think I'm ready to let the old girl go now. I had an eBay ad up a couple of months ago but pulled it because I wanted to keep the car. But it is an additional car and at the moment my personal scenario means something has to give.

1998/S MARK 4 in Balmoral Bronze/cream leather. (Balmoral is slightly darker than gold)

191,000 miles (I've done around 2000-ish in the last 9 months).

18 stamps

2 documented cambelt changes (main dealer - last one at 138k).

3 keys including valet key and 2 remote fobs.

Recent oil change/front brakes and discs/wheel bearing/calcium battery/pollen filter/brake lines. (All in last 2000 miles).

Folder of receipts for work done.

MOT mid Sep. If this goes on general sale I will probably put 12 months on for the seller.

Excellent condition - a couple of minor bumper scuffs but no big dents or anything.

All manuals in leather folder.

And more......

You are welcome to contact me and have a look and extended test drive if you wish (local roads/dual carriageway and motorway) - I'm in Lancs. I can probably get the car up on ramps at the garage who carry out my work (they are ex BMW main dealer) so you can see the condition of the underside as well and check out bushes/arms/balljoints etc.

I won't put a price up as it looks too much like an ad but just into four figures will buy it - or pm me :)

I recently had some paint sorted and my wheels refurbed on my MK 1V DHP model with a view to selling it. The car looks great and has the added bonus of an LPG conversion with a huge tank but I just cant bring myself to part with it despite its lack of use. I wouldn't know what to replace it with.

I have a 1998 ® MkIV for sale in silver with grey leather. LPG converted since 2005 with LPGA certificate.

18" alloys with 4 new tyres last year. 98000 miles with FSH (10 Lexus, 4 non-Lexus) Cam-belt changed at 61000 miles. Just had annual service including LPG service and MOT until July 2012.

Only issues are air-con not blowing cold enough, weak bonnet struts and exhaust Y-piece will probably need replacing fairly soon.

I have owned this car for almost 7 years and it is still a great motor, running smoothly on gas. Only selling for a newer RX 300.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links