Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the moderator who has censored this thread.

You have done the memembership a diservice by censoring this thread which showed ste42 was more than happy to not just actualy indulge in Shill bidding on eBay but to come on here and bragg about it and insist that the rest of the membership were no better as we would all do it as well.

Shill bidding is an criminal offence in the UK.

I got several unwarranted and unwanted PM's from this member but feel its far better to allow the rest of the membership to see what type of person this is and not get invloved with this member.

STE42 was quite happy to rip off one of the members of this Lexus Forum. I for one dont ever want to deal with this sort of person.

All that said his last post is asking the Forum membership for help. What a cheek.

Mike

Post have been temporarily removed from the public view by a moderator and others have been edited by myself this morning after I recieved notification.

The whole thread will be looked at and from there we will determine what action will be taken

If everyone could now please keep the thread on topic and all members please read the T&C's (especially the bit where it say's be nice to each other :whistling: ) and if I can just remind everyone that this thread is to help Graham look for a 2nd car so please can we keep it that way

Thank you

Hi I agree the mark4 looks good, A steal at that money obviously high miles or it would be in the add ( but if it drives fine it doesn't really matter) mine went through the mot today with no advisorys 4th year in a row comming up for 170,000 miles on it, so just about run in.

Hi,

I have a MarkIV and it has 216,000 miles on the clock.

Still drives great and is the quietest, smothest car I have ever driven, including the three 7 series BMW's that I owned with half those miles on.

Moral of the story, don't be put off by high mileage :)

Thanks

Mike

The series 4 one looks good from the few pictures and cheap!

Steve, this one has it's pictures taken January 2008 tho' !!!!!

Malc

Malc

Have phoned seller ...

Car has

done 232K miles

Cambelt @194K

Mot expires end of month (thinks only hand brake needs adjusting)

2 keys (1 master)

All electrics work

No Rust

Owned by seller for 2 years

Says photo's just been taken and happy to re take if I request.

Any thoughts ... my biggest problem is Benfleet is not easy for me to get to for viewing ..

Malc

Have phoned seller ...

Car has

done 232K miles

Cambelt @194K

Mot expires end of month (thinks only hand brake needs adjusting)

2 keys (1 master)

All electrics work

No Rust

Owned by seller for 2 years

Says photo's just been taken and happy to re take if I request.

Any thoughts ... my biggest problem is Benfleet is not easy for me to get to for viewing ..

Always a problem as these cars always come up the other end of the country from where you are.

Where are you based Graham?

I must admit I would give the low mileage MKIII serious consideration as that car with such low waranted miles has to be a serious consideration for anyone wanting an LS400.

Both the Mk IV and III have pros and cons going for them.

The only advice I can give you on the Essex one is to definately view it before you make your mind up but then that goes for any car.

Good luck let us know how you progress.

Mike.

Another I have found (Essex Again !!) I am in York.

Offered by dealer (non-lexus) without a warranty

T reg Green

67K miles full Lexus service history up to 63K with belt changed at 57K (by Toyota garage)

Full years MOT

All electrics working

Been dry stored for past 4 years

No rust at all

5 Keys

V5 present

Only fault noted is slight paint 'scuff' on rear bumper.

Asking £2995

Thoughts Welcome.

Another I have found (Essex Again !!) I am in York.

Offered by dealer (non-lexus) without a warranty

T reg Green

67K miles full Lexus service history up to 63K with belt changed at 57K (by Toyota garage)

Full years MOT

All electrics working

Been dry stored for past 4 years

No rust at all

5 Keys

V5 present

Only fault noted is slight paint 'scuff' on rear bumper.

Asking £2995

Thoughts Welcome.

Where did the £895 price tage on the advert come from?

I Know Frinton on sea and it has a very very high retirement age population. This car has likely come from one of them.

I think I would definately go and see this car and see if I could negotiate a decent price.

The private plate is I think a red herring as its probobly its original reg number and that no paperwork showing ownership of the plate belonged to the registerd owner of the car.

I havent put the very well.

I have a private plate on my car and I have a certificate of ownership from the DVLA for the plate which I use to transfer when I change my car.

This guy I think has just put the number up for sale in the hope That TOD will come along and the G14 part of the plate will have some significant meaning for him.

I doubt that very much and he is just trying to talk the price up by at least £800. Dont fall for it.

Mike

Still Looking ... So Any Members Thinking Of Selling Give Me A Shout ;)

Hi Graham.

Have a look at these. http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/lexus-ls400/81274648

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/lexus-ls400/80896737

Mike

Interesting that the pictures on the first of those two gumtree ads are Jan 2008!

Jim

Sorry, should have read thru to the last thread!! Pic dates already spotted and enquiries made.

Still looking starting budget £1K then £1.5K NOW 2K ish (If you have a good one let me know you might stretch me..)

I would love to buy a MK4 BUT can't seem to find one at 'sensible' money and milage.

Steve2006 what wheels and at what cost do you have fitted in the pic you posted (I like them).

Also did you import the smoked indicator lights?

Might source a good MK3 if no luck with MK4 ...............

Still looking starting budget £1K then £1.5K NOW 2K ish (If you have a good one let me know you might stretch me..)

I would love to buy a MK4 BUT can't seem to find one at 'sensible' money and milage.

Steve2006 what wheels and at what cost do you have fitted in the pic you posted (I like them).

Hang in there Graham. Patience is worth more then money in the bank.

One will come up.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a MK4 that I am now selling.

Its a 1998 in Gold

216k on the clock

Cambelt changed at 201k in 2009

Aircon Regassed about a month ago, it didn't really need it, but it just didn't feel right - OK Now

MOT til November

Tax til end Sept (I think)

Looking for no less than £900 for it.

Reason for sale is I have bought a caravan that we store in the New Forest and I just can't afford to keep running down there in the LS, so I've bought myself a diesel.

PM me if interested, or call me on 0784 1863368.

Car is based in Reading, Berks and ready to go.

Thanks

Mike

I've got a MK4 that I am now selling.

Its a 1998 in Gold

216k on the clock

Cambelt changed at 201k in 2009

Aircon Regassed about a month ago, it didn't really need it, but it just didn't feel right - OK Now

MOT til November

Tax til end Sept (I think)

Looking for no less than £900 for it.

Reason for sale is I have bought a caravan that we store in the New Forest and I just can't afford to keep running down there in the LS, so I've bought myself a diesel.

PM me if interested, or call me on 0784 1863368.

Car is based in Reading, Berks and ready to go.

Thanks

Mike

A bargain sir :driving:

Hey guys, you missed the very best MK3 at the weekend.

I bought ACLex's ........ just simply a dream machine :blush: :winky: :hehe:

My amazing 40k miles MK2 having been written-off by some low life with gloss paint and tyre stabbing.

Malc

Hey guys, you missed the very best MK3 at the weekend.

I bought ACLex's ........ just simply a dream machine :blush: :winky: :hehe:

My amazing 40k miles MK2 having been written-off by some low life with gloss paint and tyre stabbing.

Malc

Are there pictures of this beauty?

Mike

Hang in there Graham. Patience is worth more then money in the bank.

One will come up.

Mike

The wheels I now have fitted were purchased new (well fitted to the original car then removed again) from a dealer in Yorkshire. They are Mitsubishi EVO 9 wheels.

I paid £160.00 for a hand picked set of four, they are still available but last time I looked they had put the price up to £240.00!

Sizes are 17" 8J.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-GENUINE-EVO9-8J-X-17-ALLOY-WHEELS-/250830771687?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3a66add5e7#ht_500wt_905

The indicator units were imported from the USA for around £40.00 and have been excellent, before these I had the clear ones but one decided to leak and became discoloured. They blend in very well with the silver paintwork.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-94-LEXUS-LS400-BUMPER-SIGNAL-LIGHTS-LAMPS-JDM-SMOKED-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aLexusQ7cModelQ3aLS400QQhashZitem3cb8f46302QQitemZ260801061634QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_5867wt_1165

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links