Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is200 Battery

I note the advice to try the dealer for a new IS200 Battery. However I am some distance from the nearest dealer and I see some seemingly reasonable deals for batteries, which include delivery 'next day'. These are maintenance-free sealed units; I am unsure whether or not the new dealer batteries are still of the 'wet' type as per the original? I have also realised that care is needed to ensure the correct terminal positions, i.e. looking from in front of the car, the Red positive terminal should be at the back left-hand corner.

The batteries I am looking at can be seen via the Battery finder facility at:

http://performancebatteries.co.uk/wizard/Car+Battery+Finder/results/

Choice of:

Alphaline at £54.95

or VARTA at £71.97 both inc. VAT and delivery.

Anyone tried either of these, or have better recommendations?

Thanks to all.

VARTA is a well know brand but i've never heard of the other, how many years warranty on the Varta..needs to be 3 or 4 years at that price.

I have a Halfords on my is300, it was on the car when i got it and came with the purchase recite, and when it had a problem last month they replaced it with no problems.A good warranty is sometimes better than a cheap price :)

VARTA is a well know brand but i've never heard of the other, how many years warranty on the Varta..needs to be 3 or 4 years at that price.

I have a Halfords on my is300, it was on the car when i got it and came with the purchase recite, and when it had a problem last month they replaced it with no problems.A good warranty is sometimes better than a cheap price :)

Halfords guarantee their batteries for 10 years.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

As I said originally, I am some distance from a Lexus dealer. However I sent enquiries by email to the nearest possibilities, i.e. Lexus Edinburgh, Arnold Clark Toyota/Lexus Aberdeen, and Struans (Toyota) Dundee. The only reply received has been from Aberdeen, quoting £61.28 inc VAT + £25 delivery, BUT with the offer of free delivery to any Arnold Clark outlet. This is for a sealed Battery and I have responded asking for confirmation that this is a genuine Lexus Battery and what the guarantee period is?

The reply is that it is a genuine Lexus spare part Battery with a guarantee of 3 years, delivered free to an Arnold Clark outlet of my choice. Guarantee period may be important to me as I suffered badly from the 'headlights-always-on' problems winter before last and I think the periodic flattening goosed the Battery. Strangely enough, there was no repeat of the problems this last winter which seemed to be just as cold. Only thing I really did was to use a hair dryer on the driver's footwell fuse/connecter board and spray with WD40 which seemed to cure the problem.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

As I said originally, I am some distance from a Lexus dealer. However I sent enquiries by email to the nearest possibilities, i.e. Lexus Edinburgh, Arnold Clark Toyota/Lexus Aberdeen, and Struans (Toyota) Dundee. The only reply received has been from Aberdeen, quoting £61.28 inc VAT + £25 delivery, BUT with the offer of free delivery to any Arnold Clark outlet. This is for a sealed battery and I have responded asking for confirmation that this is a genuine Lexus battery and what the guarantee period is?

I suggest you go for an S 4024 here is a link: www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/buy-online/car-batteries/005l/bosch-12v-005l-heavy-duty-car-battery-s4024-/prod_173.html Bosch Battery for £79.99 (all inclusive and 5 year guarantee). After several years of Porsche batteries (for my Porsche) I switched to the S6 Bosch and the difference is just incredible. Before discovering the Bosch S series I did buy a Lexus (actually Toyota from Lexus) Battery for my LS400. It pretty much went after about a year and a half and was replaced under guarantee but the next one will be a Bosch S series. The Bosch I purchased was indeed delivered next day, then it sat for about a week waiting to be fitted. Dropped it in and it started, very happily and energetically, on the first turn of the key. The only question I would have is whether there are any issues in replacing a Battery on your car - potentially there are on the LS400 so I had mine fitted by Lexus (the cost of the Battery from Lexus was low but then they charged £38 to fit it!) That's my experience anyway.

GEN - Thanks for the recommendation of the Bosch S-series batteries. I am curious about the possible 'issues' in the replacement? I note that the Bosch is 5mm wider and 21mm shorter in height than the original (that is if I have interpreted the dimensions in the correct order!). Terminal layout may be another issue which I could not confirm from the website. The only other issue I can think of may be that things may have to be reset after a Battery disconnection, e.g. radio pre-sets (anything else?).

GEN - Thanks for the recommendation of the Bosch S-series batteries. I am curious about the possible 'issues' in the replacement? I note that the Bosch is 5mm wider and 21mm shorter in height than the original (that is if I have interpreted the dimensions in the correct order!). Terminal layout may be another issue which I could not confirm from the website. The only other issue I can think of may be that things may have to be reset after a battery disconnection, e.g. radio pre-sets (anything else?).

My concern, on the LS400, was to do with the radio, etc. I did not see the details for your car so you would need to enter these and you might get a different size (I have a Bosch pdf with their recommendations for different models could email you this directly or you can just get it from the Bosch website) - the one for my Porsche was a perfect fit.

• 8 months later...

I've got a Bosch silver series in mine, fit perfectly and it didnt even notice the arctic winter we had smile.gif

what model is Battery and where from please any link thanks

Here the Battery I have mate, think this is the one he is on about. I had to replace mine a week ago. I also used this place and they were very good delivery wise too :)

http://www.maxautoparts.co.uk/car/s4024-005l-bosch-silver-car-battery-12v-60ah-87-14770-.php