Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Old Members

hiya guys, just curious, when i got my first IS these boards were buzzing, used to spend all day on here. now though there seems to be very little activity, most of the really knowledgeable people seem to have gone and all the posters are new with summat like 1 or 2 post histories.

Are an of the older members still here, just lurking in the background, or have you gone for good? If your still about, let me know what you been up too, still have your IS200, moved to IS250? or summat new completely??

Hi mate, has got quieter round here but some of the oldies are still about :)

Even if we don't participate quite as often, after all there's only so many times you can repeat yourself. However, we're all on an alternative forum which covers all Jap cars rather than just Lexus, and is probably even better than the old LOC.I'd post a link, but it would probably get me banned.

These days I'm busy running a company and a church and taxiing children around do I don't get much time for the forum. Also now driving a standard Lexus where before I was busy moding a base IS200. I'm just enjoying driving my awesome RX when I can. I still look in every few days at least and occasionally do some moderating.

Hi I'm an old member thats returned back to IS ownership and had the very same thoughts as you, the IS section is quite compared with 5+ year ago when it was buzzing with owners. To put my finger on it i would say members of the IS have now been diluted with the newer IS model . What i can say is I'm as pleased with my recent IS as i was with my first one :)

To put my finger on it i would say members of the IS have now been diluted with the newer IS model .

No that's not the reason at all, most of the active members moved to the other site that I'm not allowed to name on LOC.

I agree that activity has tailed off. I reckon one factor is that due to the age and (relative) cheap values for the 1st gen IS it is now attracting more interest as a car to mod.

Also when testing the newer IS it seems to be more sympathetic to us older peoples fatter bums !(Fat bum or not I still prefer the original).

The 1st gen IS is unusual in that advancing age (maturity) is throwing up very few additional problems....it may well go on and on just with the usual queries windscreen leaks/coil packs/etc.....mine is staying firmly unmodded, if I was looking for a car to mod or preserve as a future classic, then I would want a standard unmodded car to start with.

I mean, for goodness sake, the forum should be full of people wanting advice on welding up,new wings and suchlike...what on earth were Lexus thinking about 15 years ago when they were designing it....and all those boring MOT passes....pah!!!!

Hi I'm an old member thats returned back to IS ownership and had the very same thoughts as you, the IS section is quite compared with 5+ year ago when it was buzzing with owners. To put my finger on it i would say members of the IS have now been diluted with the newer IS model . What i can say is I'm as pleased with my recent IS as i was with my first one :)

To put my finger on it i would say members of the IS have now been diluted with the newer IS model .

No that's not the reason at all, most of the active members moved to the other site that I'm not allowed to name on LOC.

Terry - Bob is correct in what he has said. The fact is as in all forums all over the world members move on, they change their cars for other marques or quite simply just get bored of posting or simply feel they haven't got anything to say.

Yes a number of 'old' members moved from LOC to another general Jap car forum approximately 2 years ago now (though a large number do still visit to view and some still post on both) and many of those members who left LOC then as well as regular members who stayed have since moved on to new climbs. Those 'oldies' who are still here have been joined by a constant influx of new members and some who even no longer own a Lexus have stayed because they feel they can - whether for a social or a knowledge aspect and feel they may come back to Lexus ownership one day.

Members whether old or new are what makes LOC (& in fact any forum), subjects turn over, knowledge/views are shared, like minded people can talk to each other and discuss anything from modding to the weather and THAT is what it's all about :D

And last but not least, if you feel you need to discuss any of this in further detail please do feel free to pm me :)

hay janey...... Im still here , not as regular as id like but still none the less. Still got my IS200, wouldnt ant to get rid of her now, Im busy doing a lot of charity work for children, and with my normal day to day job , its just trying to find spare time...

I stil look on here once in a while, a few years back we were all on forums all the time relating to our hobbies, now fb, twitter and other distractions seem to have knocked message boards into leftfield.

had my IS300 since 2003, got a grand total of 54,000 on the clock, don't want to change it!

:)

So glad to see a few familiar names.

Yes people do move on after a while, I noticed a interesting trend (tendency if you like) which is a few of old members here bought a Discovery or other kind of 4X4 after a while.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I hardly ever visit the forum nomore since i moved to a new job and new area. Now that i don't have a drive, i don't pay as much attention as i would like to (or wash and wax my car once every 2 weeks like i used to) when i was at my old place about year ago. I was around when funtimephil first joined. I still have my lexus, just haven't had time or found a decent place to do work on it, so my interest has dropped alot.

So glad to see a few familiar names.

Yes people do move on after a while, I noticed a interesting trend (tendency if you like) which is a few of old members here bought a Discovery or other kind of 4X4 after a while.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Ooooh, kinda right with me Felix, just imported a Bongo 4x4 converted it to a campervan, and starting to use it for festivals/abroad/wildcamping and suchlike. Ironic too that as a 4x4 plus its got a set of winter tyres and if it's snowy or icy in the winter, Lexy can stay on the drive where every IS200/300 should be!!

Did have a Disco once, aleays in the garage and costing stupid money to keep it on the road....never again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm

Damn I feel Old.

nice to see some old names still around.

I dont come on the site much....as you can see. The kids keep me busy.

Still have my IS and still think its a great car to drive, even compared to a lot of new cars.

I dont get to clean it as often as I'd like (used to do it weekly)

And I dont know what other forum the others are talking of???

Think I had better say Hi to a few names I remember, I haven't been to the other side, I just haven't been on.

I am back still have my 3rd GS300 and hoping to buy an SC for my wife to be this weekend.

I do have 2 SC430 Slot Cars does that count?

Im still about although dont come on here much these days as not many people reply when you post a topic, which is a real shame. Im currently running a Mk5 Golf GTi but dont tend to bother much with owners clubs.

Not a lot seems to go wrong with the IS so not a lot of queries. All the usual stuff is well documented so new buyers have a wealth of data to go on so, perhaps, don't need to post.