Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

I changed the Battery on my 1997 GS300 and getting SEC showing on the radio.

I don't have the unlock code but managed to track down the master reset sequence on the internet. Unfortunately my radio model number does not appear in the list of master reset codes.

The radio model number is P3701. There should be a 6 digit master reset code for this radio....does anyone know what it is or where I can get it?

Last resort will be my Lexus dealer but I would much prefer to do it myself and save a good few quid.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Garry

Welcome to LOC

Not aware of any reset codes for these radios. It is only a 3 digit code that can be entered, so doesn't make sense that there would be a 6 digit master reset?? Just out of interest, where is the list you mention?

Welcome to LOC

Not aware of any reset codes for these radios. It is only a 3 digit code that can be entered, so doesn't make sense that there would be a 6 digit master reset?? Just out of interest, where is the list you mention?

Hi

Here is the link that I found refers to Toyota MR2 but lists GS300 and ES300 as well.

http://forums.bcmr2.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11460

The following sequence allows you to enter a 6 digit code in the radio. It works as I tried it today but unfortunately cant find a code that works for me!!

TOYOTA-LEXUS-E300

841960 Suitable for P6801.P1700

TOYOTA-LEXUS-GS300

891440 Suitable for P6802.P1701

588410 Suitable for N404

The audio has been locked up when displaying "SEC" or "HELP". In such condition, it only can be normally used after decoding. Decoding steps as follows, When displaying "SEC", change it to "HELP" state.

1, Press top of button "TUNE" with button 1 depressed, "----" will be displayed, now input any 3digit code and press button "SCAN" 3 seconds, "ERR" will be displayed. Repeat 10 times until "HELP" displayed.

2, Press button 1,4,6 & the switch button at one time, "SEC" re displays. Press top of button "TUNE" with button "1" depressed, and input the first 3digit code 891 when "----" displayed. After inputting first 3digit code, Press bottom of button "TUNE" with button "1" depressed, "----" re displays, input the last 3digit code 440 and press "SCAN" for 3 seconds until "OK" displayed. Now can be normally operated on reset.

The steps work as described above but instead of OK I get ERR which means the 6 digit code is wrong.

Any thoughts??

• 5 years later...

Hi, press 1 and tune together --- will show your code will be the last three digits on your cars security/identification number/chassis number? Hope this helps🙂

Sorry was meant to say once you've pushed the scan button after putting in the three digits the radio shuts down or turns off this ok it's reset, now turn the radio as normal.