Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Converting Is200 Dash To Smd

Hi All,

I've seen some awesome looking dash light conversions and really like the white look! I have now decided to give this a go. I have been reading that SMD's are the way to go for brighter and more wide spread coverage but am confused as to how many T5's and how many T10's i need?

I want to convert both the dash and center console. Please can someone advise on how many i would need to do this.

I also know that the SMD's come in different heights which I'm also concerned about as I don't want to order some and find they are too tall and also dont want to buy the short ones and find i could have got ones with a wider spread of light!

Thanks in advance for any help people!!

Cheers,

Matt

to be honest, unless your happy to do a little soldering, you wont get a nice spread on the air con. many bulbs have been tried and they all look so so dull in the air con, a few members have soldered multiple leds around the ring inside the unit and it looks fab, very tough to do though. I tried and ruined 3 air con units before getting it right, so i definitely recommend you practice on a broken ac unit