Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polishing With Ultra Deep Shine

true blue

Hi thought I would treat the car to a real good clean ,did all the prep, wash ,clay dodo juice lime prime, metallic blue looked a real treat. Now to the issue, I decided to buy some Autoglym ultra deep shine ( allegedly very good for darker colours) .I could not get it to polish off it left white marks everywhere no matter how long I left it on ;I left it for a day washed it again and it looked even worse white marks on all the panels. I have eventually sorted it with a long session with quick detailer which has taken the residue off . Has anyone any experience with this polish and can tell me where i've gone wrong ?

Hi thought I would treat the car to a real good clean ,did all the prep, wash ,clay dodo juice lime prime, metallic blue looked a real treat. Now to the issue, I decided to buy some Autoglym ultra deep shine ( allegedly very good for darker colours) .I could not get it to polish off it left white marks everywhere no matter how long I left it on ;I left it for a day washed it again and it looked even worse white marks on all the panels. I have eventually sorted it with a long session with quick detailer which has taken the residue off . Has anyone any experience with this polish and can tell me where i've gone wrong ?

I have used this on wife's car (black) with no problem. Autoglym SRP first, then the ultra deep shine then HD Wax. The biggest cause of problems with Autoglym is if you apply the product too heavily. Very little is required with any of their products.

On my GS430 (met bronze or desert quartz) I use the SRP followed by EGP followed by HD Wax, although the wax is only needed every few months.

Possibly you applied too much of the Ultra Deep Shine or it was possibly not compatible with the other products which you used. I think it is usually best to stick with one brand to ensure compatibility.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have to admit that UDS isnt the easiest to get off, put it on very thinly and never do it in bright sunlight, its one of those weird ones that you have to use on a cloudy day and risk the rain (ironic I know).... Autoglym isnt the easiest to work with but it can give good results, try the Super Resin Polish and extra gloss protection afterwards instead, then maybe a carnauba wax afterwards (doesnt have to be Autoglym). The Extra Gloss Protection is a sealant rather than just a wax.

On another note, have you clay barred the car first? This will get rid of anything on the paint that a standard wash and polish won't, what detailers call "industrial fallout".....This stuff, which you cant see but you can feel, is what makes the paint feel rough, and more importantly would have made the UDS stick when you try and rub it off.

If you have time (and havent done so before) get a claybar kit and give the car a good going over with it, you will notice the difference in a big way!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary , thanks for the tips , I had clayed the car and done all the preparation which was why I was so hacked off with the finish .I've been looking at it for a couple of weeks and I'm still not happy so I cleaned it all off with 'Limeprime ' and bought some BILT HAMBER finis wax; because I find their wash so good .Well all I can say is this product is brilliant ,I know its more expensive than ultra deep shine but the wax is easy to apply ,polishes up easily and the finish is brilliant on my blue car . I also polished my other car ( a silver MX5 ) and if anything this lighter colour came up even better . I can certainly recommend this wax ,it says it is very durable so I will wait and see .

Dave

is it rude to ask for some after pics ? just to see what i,m up against of course B) only had mine 4 days & its had a carnuberising it won,t forget in a hurry :P have to compliment lexus on their paint quality , 9yrs old & showroom shine no problem , , unlike my previous mercs

Hi Andy I would post pictures but I'm not much use on computers I'll have a look at the instructions on here . As for Mercs :lol: my daughters coupe is 7 years old and like a lace curtain ,rust breaking out on wheel arches all over .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links