Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question About Amp Bypass

Hi guys,

I've just bit the bullet and bought a replacement stereo for the IS200 since the OEM finally died. As it's a Sport with the amplifier I bought an amp bypass lead for it. However, the lead they sent doesn't seem to fit unless I'm being really stupid.

I unplugged the connectors from the back of the amplifier which look like this...

IMG_0476.jpg

and

IMG_0477.jpg

Presumably the first one is connected to all the speakers and the second one runs to the back of the OEM player.

The lead I have been sent has these connectors on it which do not seem to fit...

IMG_0478.jpg

Before I send it back ranting, am I trying to plug it in the right place? I'm guessing this bypass lead should connect to the connector in the first picture and the other end of it goes to the ISO lead supplied with the new player.

The bypass lead said on the box that it's a "PC2-93-4 Lexus By-pass Harness 98-03".

Is this lead definitely the wrong one?

Thanks guys. :duh:

were is the connector your trying to plug it in too???because if its the one behind the stereo then your in the wrong place....

you need to remove the glove box and remove the connectors from the amp and thats were the connectors plug into

Hi all,

Have got a similar problem. Friend of mine wants to install an aftermarket radio into his 2003 IS200 Sportcross with oem nav and his got a connector (see attached pic) back of the oem stereo and he can not find the right connector to complete the installation. Have bought 2 different connectors already for IS200 but they dont work.

Dont know much about stereo staff so thats why we`re asking for your help

Thanks in advance

Robert

erre1.jpg

Remove the glove box and look at the left hand side and you should see the amplifier. There are two connectors plugged into the back of it which you need to disconnect. The smaller one will be the other end of that lead in your picture. The larger connector is where all of the speakers are wired to. The bypass lead needs to be plugged into this larger connector and then the other end will plug into the ISO lead supplied with the aftermarket head unit.

Hi all,

Have got a similar problem. Friend of mine wants to install an aftermarket radio into his 2003 IS200 Sportcross with oem nav and his got a connector (see attached pic) back of the oem stereo and he can not find the right connector to complete the installation. Have bought 2 different connectors already for IS200 but they dont work.

Dont know much about stereo staff so thats why we`re asking for your help

Thanks in advance

Robert

erre1.jpg

You can replace the HU for the IS200 S/C with OEM Nav - with the amp bypass lead - you need to remove the larger plug from the rear of the amp...NOT the lead that originally plugged into the old HU...lots of guides on the interweb to get access to the Amp - i'm not massively technically able but was able to follow a very simple guide with pics to perform this and it didn't take long.

I've just done this for my IS300 S/C with OEM Sat Nav and found the following two things:

1) OEM Sat Nav no longer works - the original HU controls this so renders the OEM Sat Nav useless - after quite some research there was a guy on this Forum (Fargo) who create a "SatNav" by pass that allows a replacement HU and allows the OEM Sat Nav to work.

2) If like my IS300 you have the rear sub (in the boot on the right hand side) this will no longer work....bugger.

Pleased with my new HU but a bit annoyed about OEM (more annoyed about Sub no longer working)....

Any advice on the sub chaps ?

Cheers

Rich

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

you have the wrong iso lead

you mean to have the single wide connector

check on eBay this item number 350994178887

its easy to connect but awfull to take off .

make sure you have a decent iso because some are so rubbish that it will drain your Battery down while the car is off

hope this helps

• 1 month later...

I'm confused !! which is the correct part no. ?? Halfords just sold me one like the first in this thread ie. 2 smallish plugs part no. PC2-17-4 now I see two more recent replies with different part nos, PC2-92-4 and another PC2-105-4. Which is the one I need for my 2000 IS200 Sport please ?

I already have the facia kit but it's the correct part number for the bypass cable that's holding me up, plus the fact that on mine I cant see where the loom I connect to is. I take it the amp is the silver coloured box with the vanes on at the very left of the glove box aperture ? If so no way can I see any connections.

The amp has to be at the lest unscrewed or removed to see the connections as they are in the back side of the amp, have a load of plasters on stand by for bleeding knuckles!

KOKO, i think that the connector your holding in your pic is for the satnav, after swaping headunits to a non oem one the satnav will gib=ve a blank screen, so you will need a box of tricks to revive the satnav to its full working state.

There was a guy on here selling the satnav box of tricks but cant remember his name sorry.

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys,

I need a lil help. Tried DIY after reading the posts here and tried to install a Bluetooth kit. I haven't put everything back because its not working. So I have managed to unplug the two connectors from the back of the AMP and use the big connector to plug the SOT -913 Lead from Autoleads for my kit. I believe the small connector didn't had a use so I plugged it back to the amp. There were two big connectors in the SOT Lead so I plugged the male back to the AMP and the female to the original one that came out of the AMP. I still have few plugs that are not connected.

I have taken photos of all the plugs and how it stands.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k124aoru7739n75/AADJyRhAuQBprMfzMO62Arzna?dl=0

For your pics it looks like the lead you have is for an aftermarket stereo not the factory stereo? Are you fitting an aftermarket head unit, if so i doubt it would work with out either headunits not conected to feed power to everything.