Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Moving On........

Well, after 9 years of of enjoying Japans finest, I'm moving on.

I have a buyer for for my LS and I'm moving over to a Mercedes. Shock, Horror I hear you say.

I have my reasons. I love my Lex but the insurance costs have gone out of the window and above the top floor. I cant justify paying it for a vehicle that last year only covered 2800 miles. This is despite max no claims and zero convictions. My other half has got herself a little Daihatsu Copen which she worships and because of that, the Lex gets even less use. As well the Lex making way, I'm selling my Stag after 22 years of ownership. This means I have a big huge V8 hole in my life which is where the Mercedes slots in. There should be a 500SL coming to fill the huge shoes that will be left when both cars go. The Camper Van and MX5 have a stay of execution.

I have to have another V8. It has to be convertible. It has to be available with cheap Classic insurance. It could have been an SC430 if it could have ticked the last box.

So maybe a backward step from the Lex but a forward leap from Triumphs finest underrated British twin cam marvel. I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty because I know it wont have the Swiss watch reliability like the Lex but the sound of that V8 with the hood down will make me forgive all its Idiosyncracies.

So its good bye from me for now until MK1 GS300 Sports in Pearl White become available on cheap classic insurance. :crybaby:

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

• 3 weeks later...